Used 1994 Pontiac Firebird Consumer Reviews

Used Firebird for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Couldn't buy this car from me.

Firebirds Rule, 04/11/2008
2dr Hatchback

This is by far the best and most fun car Ive driven. I've added K&N air intake and flowmaster exhaust, tinted the windows extremely dark, and added chrome rims and performance tires. Just added a top notch sound system, replaced everything, and I couldn't be happier with the car. It may have a TMV of $2300, or whatever, but there is no way I'd sell it for triple that. I would drive this car every mile for the rest of my life if I could, unfortunately there is no car that lasts that long.

Nickel and Dimed

94frbdrd94, 03/30/2009
Formula 2dr Hatchback

The car is overall a nice car for its time. However owning one today for me is very costly. I have more money in repairs than what the car is worth or what I paid for it and the car has under 60,000 miles. Maybe some last longer, but mine has been giving me grief ever since I owned it. Right now it is messed up and nobody has been able to figure out why. I'm tired of repairing things, and think I'm going to just sell it for a loss. I advise you to look into the reliability of these cars before purchasing. Some can last a long time, but mine has been horrible. I got to know a few mechanics well unfortunately.

watch out

gpsmooth, 11/03/2003
Formula 2dr Hatchback

be careful of this car. i had a blown moter at 70000 miles. it was nothing i did to it, it was a mechanical defect. it is the most expensive car i've ever had to fix. a distributer cap on other cares cost between 10 or 20 dollars, on this car it costs over 300, and you have to take the water pump off to change it. would not recommend car, for the amount of money you will spend in repairs, you could own a lexus

Been a good car

Bob, 05/22/2006
Formula 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my car for about 4 years now. So far I have added a lot of mods to make it faster and the LT1 responds very well to simple bolt ons. This car is a lot of fun to drive but can be dangerous in the rain. I would suggest you learn how to do all the repairs yourself if you intend to buy one of these cars since I consider the majority of shops to be scam artists. If you want to learn more about the Pontiac Firebird, all Generations, come check out FirebirdNation.com

Hope yours is more reliable!

Syr00, 08/27/2003
Formula 2dr Hatchback

Save $$ for future problems. I thought I had the cream of the crop... 94 Formula 25,000 miles on it. I thought, hmmm, low miles, must be reliable. Silly me, I should've known better. List or problems I had/have: Optispark(distributor)$400, Radiator $220, Waterpump $200, Radiator hoses $50, coolant sensor $50, o2 sensors $75, new batterie $50, countless hours of frustration and time to find and fix aallll the problems, $priceless! Not to mention electrical gremlins with the taillights and ABS unit, rear hatch and headlight motor and so on... I do keep up maintenance on it religiously.

12345...7