Used 1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Doesn't stop.
By Luke Nalder

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck just keeps on going. I habe owned it for 7 years, bought it with 137,000 miles on it. I have run it through extensive heat, cold, rain and anything in between and it keeps going. It now has 189,600 miles on it and it is still running strong. In my time of owning it I have only had to replace the alternator, valve cover gasket, fuel pump and the fan clutch. Besides regular maintenance this has been a very low maintenance truck. The engine is running strong and I expect it to keep running for years to come. They don't make them like this anymore. Even in the snow my truck is only 2WD but I have never once been stuck. Put some weight in the back and you will be just fine. It's a fun truck and very reliable.

97 4x4 toyota eater
By Mr.Zeren

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

The best thing about these trucks is the little engine that could yes the 4 cyl ka24e.I owned every Nissan/Datsun they made,510,620,720 this trucks the d21 model and thank car gods that didn't put the v6 in them or we would' t be so happy with are Nissan trucks.the v6 engine is was in most pathfinders and you Doin' t see or here much about them for a reason. go look in junk yard youl see em..my friends all most drive Toyotas and my Nissan eats em up down left right around everything. save u a headache n keep,buy,push a Nissan instead of a getting a toyota.

ole' red
By clif

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck off of my dad as my first truck. And this truck has been through hell. Had to replace random parts such as spark plugs only complaint is that the coil is built into the distributor has 239k miles and still runs like a beast. Leaks oil off the tappet cover but other than that after 239,000 miles it will take a beating and keep running.

reliability, same engine model as the 240sx

more leg room.

Called a Hardbody for a reason
By sonny3bar

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is the second Nissan Hardbody truck that I have owned, 1987 and now 1997. Both trucks were 5 speed manual, 4 cylinder very dependable workhorses. I commute to work and consistently get 20 mpg city. In 225,000+ miles, other than maintenance work, I have only had to replace the alternator, still has the original clutch. This truck and the 1987 had regular maintenance done but were not babied and dependably got the any job asked of them done. These 2WD trucks have hauled bales of shavings stacked over the height of the cab, passed 4WD trucks in 20+ inches of snow and packed around tons of stuff. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Dependability

None...

What a little gem!
By Wyo Native

1997 Nissan Truck Regular Cab XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this little truck about 13 months ago. Had only about 94000 miles on it. The day I looked at it was about 12 below zero and had been for several days. Was doubtful that it would even start. It fired right up. Took it for a short drive and wrote the dealer a check on the spot. Have had no mechanical issues. It makes a great little run about. Drive it back and forth to work to keep from putting miles on my new Subaru. This little truck will be in the family for a long time.