Used 2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

30 months in a frontier
By B. D. Etterle

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Frontiers best asset is fuel cost. First midsize truck I have owned, It is nice to fillup less than 40$. Not quite as comfy as full size trucks, but will pull utility trailer loaded to my satisfaction. Have been on 7hr, 4hr, and a few 2hr trips. Longer trips not this trucks strongpoint, gas mileage yes, luxury no. Will pass traffic with ease when necessary. If you find a V6 on sale i recommend this Nissan.

If this truck was a woman,i would marry her..
By Buddy Riffle

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If your looking for a real vaule in a 4&4 and power to work and haul this is it ,be carefull with this power plant,it can get out from under you.my lady burns rubber all the time,getting on interstate at speed is very easy.i,m 72 yrs young and a mechanic,love this thing.some talk about steering,i have no problem,i hunt out west and 3000 mile round trip,evert thing works great.

Solid truck, simple features
By Fred

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded my SV Murano in for the vehicle. Doesn't have the comfort of the Murano, but it's a truck. Nice stiff suspension giving it a solid feel on the road. I was surprised I found one with a manual tranny, 6 speed, because manuals just aren't all that popular anymore. First is very low making it very easy to pull out on hills. There's a feature that aids in minimizing rearward drift starting on hills that seems to work. On level ground you can easily pull out in 2nd gear. Once you shift into 2nd, you can really feel the power of the 6 banger and it's easy to not realize you've jumped to 35mph in no time. Plenty of power for this truck from the 6 cyl power plant. Easy to break traction pulling out way moreso than I've had with my older Nissans. This truck would be very easy for a rookie driver to learn how to drive a stick with. I'm a bit disappointed that there's not more storage inside the vehicle. One map pocket on the back of the seats, but it's in the right place for the driver to get to on the back of the passenger seat. Tiny glove boxes, yes, 2 of them, but they're really small. The console could have better design as there's hardly any storage there, not even a place to put your CD's. Has 2 12V plugs on the dash (handy for your Garmin) and a plug with a usb port inside the console storage box. I don't think the ports inside the console are very well placed and think you'd have to leave the arm rest open to use them. The interior does look cheap, but it's practical with heated cloth seats. At least you won't get burned hopping onto a leather seat when it's hot. The rear seats are full size seats, but not high enough off the floor. Rear under seat storage is poor - can't put a golf bag under them or a tackle box, but you can store some flatter items. Let's not forget, it's a small truck anyway. For short trips the rear seats would be ok for a couple buds to ride along to the golf course or fishing hole, but not for an extended trip unless you're talking like a 25 year old. Not good for us older folks. I would imagine having winter hunting gear on it would be tight as well. Road lighting is fair. I hope I can replace the head lamps with either Xenon or HID lights. Guess I was spoiled with my Murano. The ride itself is not bad. Again, it's a small truck. Would like to have seen 20" tires on this instead of smaller to get more longevity on tire wear. Overall, it's a pretty nice looking truck. Comes with a bed extender and moveable anchors for tying down cargo in the bed - nice feature. Much of this review is more first impression because I just got this one a few days ago so I can't comment on what I haven't seen yet. Also overall, I'm fairly satisfied with this vehicle. If I can, I'll update my review as things become apparent.

nissan frontier , the El Toro of trucks
By walt jakan

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Desert Runner 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

had a f-150 and had to dump it cause it was breaking the bank in repairs . this frontier is great in that it fits into the garage , has an extended bed , but one thing for sure , you need the step rails to get in and out easily . just love it

Lacked Asscessories
By Robert

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab S 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the Nissan Frontier base model without power windows or door locks. We are in our 70's, and that was a mistake. We had vehicles like that when we were you and thought it would be no problem. It was. Two months ago I was driving by the Toyota dealer and they had the same truck, 2017 Frontier SV with those features. I drove in and traded truck. Over all I like that truck.