Used 2011 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Cooper for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

2011 Mini Cooper Update

Dave E, 10/03/2016
S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have to update the 2011 Mini Cooper review I had previously posted a a Money Pit. It has gone for a great many months without any repairs whatsoever other than routine maintenance. Apparently it was not fairing too well as a garage queen and now that it ha been driven everyday as a back and forth to work car it seems to be thriving and it just keeps on going day after day without the need for anyt repairs. As previously mentioned, it is so fun to drive always and now that all the kinks seem to have been ironed out of it, it feels like a car I will be wanting to keep for a great many more years. Even if I were to get a larger and safer car for back and forth to work, I would still keep the Convertible Mini just because it is so much fun. Advice? Drive it every day to keep it in shape!

Chose this over a Miata

skysoxwiz, 07/27/2011
S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I spent a world of time comparing the Cooper to the Mazda Miata. They're both great cars, fun to drive and easy to buy and own. I think I would be happy with either car but the Mini has the "cute factor" over the Miata. 9,000,000 Miata owners can't be wrong but it also makes it somewhat ordinary. The Cooper "S" is incredibly fun to drive, especially in a mountain state like Colorado.

Pure Fun!

Bill, 12/29/2017
S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We have owned this car for 7 years and it is still more fun to drive than any other car I have owned. It has the poee to make it feel like a muscle car and the handling of a sports car. Despite it's small size, it has plenty of leg room and headroom (at 6'-3" I actually move the seat forward to comfortably reach the pedals!). On a beautiful day you can ride with the top down and still carry in a conversation with your passenger. I highly recommend this car.

MINI Family

Tom, 03/16/2020
S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Our 2011 R57 is MINI number 3 in our family. We also have a 2015 R60 and 2006 R50. I am surprised by the number of negative reviews, our experience is very different. Between our 3 cars we have over 200K miles of use and the only service we've had to do that I would consider repairs was to replace the front wheel bearings and the power steering hoses on the 2006 R50. The only other money spent was for normal maintenance; oil changes, filter changes, brake pads and rotors on the R50 and replacement tires. The only one bought new was the 2015 R60 the others we shopped and did our due diligence when purchasing. Some of the negative buyers should have researched their problems better. Maybe I have an advantage since I grew up fixing my cars and my dad was an auto parts dealer.

Life is Good

Anonymous, 12/06/2010
S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought Cadbury (Hot Chocolate exterior with Polar Beige interior) less than a month ago and loving every top down minute! No regrets on selling our 2008 Miata. Averaging 31 mpg.