Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Made in Alabama - a place with no tradition !
By Renato Rossi

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have 56 invoice receipts in only 3 years. I spent an average of $1200 per month over 3 years of ownership. Car had 85,000 miles when I purchased it. Starting from little things like sensors and all the way to full harness I have already changed half a car in parts. Engine is now seized and car is sitting for 3 months now. I still owe the bank $15,000 !!! A bunch of German idiots got together with bunch of prideless red necks and decided to build a luxury SUV.

Never again
By Non

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

If you looking for fancy and not reliable you can count on this car. We didn't even have the car a year or have driven it enough for the issues to happen. Be careful with purchasing this truck. Since we received the car many issues happen with the engine which is terrible. More cost go into designing the car then actually focusing on making sure people stay with their purchase.

My car is a keeper
By Vicki Dabney Rooney Wells

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I don't like to change cars every few years. When I buy a car I buy it to last many years so I don't mind paying more than the average car. I like a car that also holds it's value. This Mercedes GL 450 SUV is bigger than I actually needed. We live in a destination location so we often have guests to drive around sight seeing. That's why I bought this sized car. So there's tons of space for me in it or another couple when we go out. I also feel extremely safe driving it. If I have to say anything negative about it I would say that it's not great with gas mileage but I don't drive more than every other day or even every 3 days. This car is also stylish enough to stay with me for a few more years. We have not had to spend money for expensive repairs. We take it in for it's regular checkup and I do use the best gasoline in it to keep the engine clean. Basically I feel fortunate to have this wonderful car and love driving it.

If you have an endless supply of money....
By Jeff S.

We have had a 2010 GL350 with Bluetec for over 3 years. DEF heating components, suspension, compressors, nox sensors, etc. have continually failed and the parts and labor on these things are not cheap. MB gave us 10% off when the heating element for the DEF went out just a few thousand miles after the warranty expired. (They don't really care as evidenced on my E350's with Bluetec check engine light would not go off and triggered so many other codes to repair I had to get rid of it and go back to Lexus). I have even had those who work for MB describe some of these expensive vehicle as being "throw aways" after 75-100k miles! Be forewarned, MB does not stand behind these products and does not generally issue recalls. I have no doubt this is a safe vehicle, but you do pay for it in upkeep. Keep in mind, this is also a very heavy vehicle and I have heard of other MB 450 and 550 owners going through tires in 10-15K miles. I have found the Toyo HTs to be best and have a current set of 4 on it with over 40k miles.

Very smooth drive but expensive to repair/maintain
By Powell

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Drives like a dream. Very reliable overall but when something does go bad the cost to repair is usually twice the highest amount you think it could be before taking it to the dealer. For example; $3K to switch out the 2 front shocks and air springs. $1K to switch out the motor on the power gate lift. Even with that extra cost it is worth it overall.