Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Off lease purchase
By Steve

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchases this 350E AWD w/17200 miles on it. Beautiful vehicle. My 4th Mercedes. No complaints on vehicle purchase. Love the car. Whisper quiet on highway.

Driver & passenger comfort

Somewhat confusing controls

Consumer Reports was right
By Vdub

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We were undecided between Lexus and MB,decided to go with an e350 with only 17000 miles. This car has the smoothest ride of any vehicle we've owned, including BMW. The problem has been with reliability-my car has been in the shop 5 times,I am currently in a loaner. Ranging from minor electrical problems to motor mounts. I am officially done! The dealership has been great and everything is under warranty. My wife is reluctant to get rid of the car because of the ride and appearance but this car has consumed to much of time!

gas mileage powerful acceleration looks,design

Re-establish track record of a reliable brand

You need to get one
By Greystone

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car with 25,000 miles on it, former lease. Maybe I am easy to please, but this is one GREAT car. I paid just over HALF price of a $59,000 sticker, and get all of the bene's. Parktronic, which I NEVER would have chosed, Harmon audio, sunroof, etc. Love the auto door locks at 9 MPH, in dash NAV, rain sensitive wipers and Bi Xenon's. Trunk is spacious for golf clubs and 7 spoke wheels are easy to clean. Tires are low ENOUGH (245) profile, but not low enough to worry about potholes. The car drives heavy. It is not nimble. I would highly recommend for HWY, but not nec for City driving. My first MB, and my first used car ever in 25 years. I may nvr buy new again. Certified. Do it.

Daytime running lights that are actually ON in my MB, tells you that sunroof is open. Roomy. Looks. Trunk can be opened and closed from inside the car, without getting out. 10,000 mile oil changes, MB loaner, Certified program.

Newer models come with MP3, etc. If you are willing to splurge, get the new one. I only put 9's because I haven't had it long enough to promote it as a 10 , but it may be the BEST PURHCASE I HAVE EVER MADE IN MY LIFE !

E350 4Matic
By Stephen

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Its time for me to give my 39 month lease back. I would highly recommend this car. I spend 2.5 - 3 hurs a day in it for a commute and it has been great. Only problem I had was with the all wheel drive transfer box. Supposedly they had problems with the lubricants in this year and the car vibrates when moving slowly and making sharp turns (approx $4000 fix if out of warranty).

Sattelite Radio

Nav just okay

Great Car!
By JJG

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased this car with less than 13,000 miles (certified). Decided to add the extended warranty which extends coverage to 100k. Because of the lack luster economy I realized significant costs saving when I purchased this vehicle. This is a great Automobile! The ride is absolutely first rate and the safety features are without peer! My wife has a Lexus and there is a significant difference in handling and ride quality. I'm continuously complimented on the vehicle. This is my first MB! Definitely will not be my last. Simply put, this is the best automobile that I've ever owned!

Harmon Kardon Stereo System & ride quality.

Cruise control level is in an awkward position.