Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CL-Class model:

I love this car - Electronics - not so much
By Mike G.

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

It's fast and a lot of fun to drive. Holds the road real well. Because it is rear wheel drive with good torque, it needs winter tires or really good all season tires. you will definitely want to get an extended warranty because repairs are expensive. I'm thinking about getting a 2014 CL63

mb cl550
By R Isch

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

-HAS BEEN A VERY GOOD VEHICLE. VERY FEW THINGS HAVE GONE "WRONG" W/ CAR.
-A difficult car to break into; 2 years ago, we had a break-in attempt where the perpetrator broke all four side windows, and the rear window. Despite this, they where still unable to enter the vehicle....as all the windows are double pane & laminated.

Amazing!
By Henry Gutierrez

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned Audi s5 A7 corvette, Porsche all which were great automobiles. But... I purchased my 08 cl 600 for a fraction of the original price 4 months ago with 27k on it. It's 8 year old car. ( obviously someone's baby) it is perfect! Black on black. It is incredibly fast! Poor gas mileage, worth it.:))

What a pleasure to drive in town or Hiway. The interior is very luxurious . Love the dynamic seats!! Sound system sounds like I'm at the symphony. Funny: :) porches and other high performance cars/drivers pull up at light, notice the V 12 badge and know not much of a chance. I've read some of the reviews and know repairs are costly. Hopefully I don't have any soon.(crossing fingers) the dealership did go over her with a fine tooth comb, plus I asked a lot of questions and had it looked over from an independent. Hope we have many years and miles together.

10 months later I still love this car. In to dealership once. Car would run rough for a second than ok. Suggested a gas additive which seemed to do the trick.

Traded my CL... had an extended warranty that was about to expire. The repairs were many for the short time I had it. Cylinder pack, ABC hose, seat motor, blower for a/c .... beautiful car and a thrill to drive! Rocket! But...

Excellent car, but gremlins live in the cabin
By tcatter

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL600 2dr Coupe (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned this car for approximately 3 years and no one dares to race me, even Porsches.
I bought it with 3000 miles on it and it now has a whopping 15,000.
I've had creaks in the seat that don't seem to go away and the fat foreman and Beverly Hills MB can't "identify" the problem because when he sits in the passenger seat the sound disappears to his his ass.
Another problem are the sensors which buzz and ask to see the user's manual.
DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WITHOUT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.
It is an exceptional piece of machinery but not for anyone who pinches pennies.

everything, it's a CL600 - twin turbo V12

BEST Benz i've owned so far!
By david j sottini

2008 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Coupe CL550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have only owned my 2008 black on black cl550 sport for 8 weeks now! Amazing car! I have a lot of experience with Benz brand and with the cl class. I owned and drove a 2003 cl500 sport 51,000 fun filled miles in three years and a 2006 cl500 sport 41,000 glorious miles in only 21 months. I already drove this cl class 2,200 miles. Around town is cool, back roads are a ball and very confident feel, tight handling staying on track perfectly for me. Open highway you feel like you're in a dream. Quiet inside, stable and just gliding along! Acceleration is great for a heavy car. Braking is terrific. The 382 horsepower and 7 speed transmission were made to go together very well. Sporty, comfort and luxury!

of course the active body control is the best. dynamic and massage seats i use every day. interior tech. gadgets not as tough to use as i thought but still have a lot to go over and utilize. aggressive front end. sleek body at the same time not overly showy. pillar-less always my favorite look of CL!

i like the door hinge design better on the previous design. doors are tough to stay open at where you want them. a bit more aggressive rear would be nice and as usual the AMG sport package is a must! a bit pricey sticker but i found a true cream puff with 18,000 miles very much under the sticker!