Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Really Impressed!
By Steveman

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is basically my wife's car. The extra .5 was just for me. I am blown away by the performance and handling of this small sedan. With traction control off, it will smoke the rear tires, and run to higth speed in short order. In fact, I'm taking to our local drag strip when it's broken in and the weather cools down to see what it'll turn. I know, I sound like a redneck, but who cares? I must mention that a bought this car with the 320 Multimedia Package, metallic paint, and I-Pod integration kit for 36K.

My favorite is the engine. Look under the hood, and you'll notice a ram air induction system. Look at the front disc, and you'll notice cross drilled rotors with huge calipers grabbing those rotors. The 7-speed transmission is nearly industry leading, and aluminum pedals is really cool.

I have a GL 320 CDI. The air ride on the GL is very smooth. The 350 is stiff, and doesn't handle road imferfections as well. Also, the interior is uses much cheaper materials, and it shows. But price point to price point, I think the C350 Sport Sedan is a real bargain, considering what I paid.

Great Car/Value/Buy!
By JFC

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

Bigger, faster, smoother, and quieter than my 2004 Comprressor Sports Sedan. Appears to be improved in all areas. Classic Mercedes exterior styling, but the company should swallow half the cost & put real leather in all models to elevate itself above the BMW 3 Series entry sedan. Received a great deal with year end factory rebates & convenient home delivery!

Better/lighter steering, closer/easier to press accelerator, auto door locks/lights, rain sensors & digital speedometer. Solid, vault-like feel/ride.

Double stitched vinyl interior that more resembles leather & classier speedometer/tach area.

Mothers, you need to read this!
By thankfullmomof2

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Ok, let's get to the point. I see some reviews about the poor quality of this vehicle. It's not true! We got this vehicle a couple of months ago, I am a young mom (that was not about to drive a minivan around) with two girls ages 6 and 3. We were on the freeway one night, in the carpool lane when traffic suddenly stopped. With the great brakes in this car I was able to stop without hitting the car in front of me. But the car behind me was not so lucky. They plowed into us going approx. 70mph! Both of the people in that car (a Nissan Altima) passed away. We survived with minimal injuries. When the police arrived they credited the good build of the car. We paid less then $3500 to repair!

Safe! Great family car if you want something stylish and fun to drive.

None!

Respectable, but not too exciting
By dpj1

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The car drives pretty well, but the stiff suspension can be rough on bad L.A. streets. Acceleration is OK, much better than the C300, but not as great as I would have hoped. What is great is how much better mileage I get than my old car. I pay $500/month (incl. tax) on my lease, but I save over $100/month in fuel. The car is comfortable and generally pretty quiet. It is a good all-around transportation vehicle. Surprisingly ample room for passengers and luggage.

Bluetooth phone, stereo including Sirius sounds great. Lease was a great deal. Much better gas mileage than my Jag XJR, but not as fun to drive.

Rubber covered steering wheel feels cheap. Rear visibility is not great. Stereo controls are not intuitive. iPod jack in glove box is not convenient. Needs sunglasses compartment, other internal storage space.

Great car, great gas mileage
By RLUNDER

2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 7A)

I like everything about this car but was really suprised by the excellent gas mileage. After about 10,000 miles my overal mixed mileage is 23.9 MPG, I have gotten up to 29.0 MPG. On a recent 1200 mile road trip I was amazed to see my mileage climb to 31.5 MPG. That was over 890 miles, 13 hours with an average speed of 68 MPH. and all on 93 octane gasoline

Almost everyting about this car is one of my favorites. When I get in the car and the seat, mirrors and steering wheel are adjusted, it feels like a tailor made suit that was custom made just for me. Every control and switch is in perfect reach, exactly where it should be.

I don't use the backseat for anything, but a little more leg room would be nice for most owners with families. Also, there is a bit of a delay in downshifting on the 7 speed automatic transmission. I am starting to get used to it, but it's something that a simple reprogram could easily fix.