Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Excellent Used Car.
By LJKelley

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a pristine 2005 used C240 4Matic in 2007 and have been extremely thrilled by the car and service from MB. Drives great, interior is the best in its class and I think the exterior is very iconic. The 4matic has been a great feature for the Snow here in Rochester, NY. The car is extremely solid and you feel very safe no matter your driving conditions.

I have always enjoyed the indash LCD thats gives you complete control of your car including check your oil level if desired. The feel of this car is great and handles great in the snow.

I think fuel economy is always a thing to be improved in this day and age. Also I wiring for a phone system can be expensive though new 2008 C Classes have phone features standard.

I like this car
By Fray Castulo

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Love the mileage, 24 in the city, up to 35 on I-95 with performance. Mine is a 6 speed manual. Love to accelerate in 2nd gear. Stability is super and so is breaking. Would change it only for another C class.

Mileage

Paint protection underbody

Great Car - Bad Tires
By D. Parent

I love the car. However, in spite of the fact that I drive it less than 12,000 miles a year, and always on well-kept expressways, I have had to replace 4 of my Continental tires in the past 15 months for bulges in the sidewalls "caused by pot holes" according to my MB service rep!

Drives like a dream - in spite of it's smaller engine. A long trip is a pleasure.

Continental tires are really poor quality, and the manufacturer doesn't stand behind them - very subject to bulges in side walls.

Great Ride
By Nick77

My first MB and certainly not my last. What a blast to drive. Fun is only a down shift away, blow by anyone on the highway no problem, gaps in traffic just seem to open up for you like moses and the red sea. Fuel economy is fantastic, 28mpg at 90 mph, 30mpg at 70, 32mpg at 60; can't beat that, its ridiculous. Watch out for cops tho, this is a dangerous car, can do 90 without even realizing it. The sound of the engine is music to my ears, I put the radio on mute (which sounds great as well) just to listen to it when accelerating.

Supercharged 4cly, remote rear sunshade, sound system, short-throw 6spd MT shifter

More comfortable seats, leave only functional buttons above the radio, mute button for sound system on the wheel, cruise control on the wheel

Our Mercedes
By Jimmy

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I sell cars for a living. Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo to be exact. I had some hesitation about buying a pre-owned Mercedes. This car is, without a doubt, the nicest sedan I have ever driven. The folks at M-B know how to design and build a sedan. The 2.6 ltr. provides more than adequate power while delivering excellent fuel economy.Handling and road manners are awesome! So far, no mechanical issues and we are planning on purchasing an extended warranty when the factory expires. They can be expensive when they break. We are now planning on purchasing a 2005 C-Class Wagon.

Quality of build, interior layout, long-distance passenger comfort, multi- function controls and settings, overall styling.

Cheap chrome ring around cupholder is peeling.