Used 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata

View reviews for a specific MX-5 Miata model:

Zoooom Zooooom
By 2008RedMiata

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owned a 1990 Miata that I drove for yrs without any troubles. Decided to upgrade. Glad I did. Much more room than the original design. I just drove it 2000 miles in 5 days getting an avg of 33 mpg (28 mpg in the city). Comfort was better than anticipated for two people plus gear. This is not a "grocery getter". It is a fun car to drive to the drive in or in the mountains for a weekend get away. Zoooom Zooooom!!

The drop top takes no time at all to open and close. Controls are easily accessible. Handling. Fuel mileage.

Cup holders in the door could go. Need an iPod/aux jack. Extra power port also. These are minor inputs.

Miata
By miata08

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible w/Power Hard Top (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

AS a new owner of a Miata there not to much I can say for now. I have never own one but I am having a good time with the the car now.

My favorite features of the car would be the whole car is excellent.

My suggested improvements would remove the cup hold from the door, My knee keeps hitting when driving.

Midlife crisis pacifier
By dacvulcan

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Test drove a Sky and S2000 but the MX-5 felt more like a classic roadster. It is very responsive and has totally replaced the "need for speed" that my motorcycle satisfied. It is real nice on a Saturday cruise to have A/C, heat, music, and a top when it starts to rain. I am going back over my favorite motorcycling routes and enjoying them more than ever.

Responsive handling, braking, and throttle. Ease of ragtop operation.

Remove the door mounted cupholders. Make the seats a little softer. Redesign sunvisors so they swivel out to the side windows.

Awesome get the right options
By Westgl

I test drove all models for a while. The Grand Touring with upgraded suspension & DSC w/traction control feature made the car handle excellent & still provide a very comfortable ride, The Remote keyless entry is a must have. The retractable hard top is another excellent feature. Got the limited slip also, the leather is very nice quality. I have a 1999 20th anniversary miata it is very raw in comparison, the 99 does not have enough leg room. The 08 has way more than enough leg room as well as more roomy cockpit. The manual says you can run premium gas in it for added performance. I had test driven a new corvette, S2000, 350Z, BMW Z4, Solstice, nothing came close to the miata

Sport tuned suspension,hard to believe they can get that kind of ride quality & still handle this well. Advanced keyless entry, retractable hardtop, DSC W/traction control, awesome brakes, Bose stereo is very Nice and extremely clear, leather is very Nice quality, very roomy compared to Honda S2000.

2nd power port, iPod port, outside temperature display, would like more lower positions for driver's seat, cannot see under sunvisor, these are nit picks, the car is AWESOME.

my my my my my!!!
By MrMashie

2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This is probably the most fun ride I have ever owned. The kids are married, no car seats, strollers, toys, etc., to worry about anymore, so daddy has a fun new toy. This sure beats the heck out of all those station wagons, minivans and clumsy fuel eating SUVs I had to endure. I'm thrilled with this car, it's just so much fun to drive. I finally enjoy getting on the road again and zoom-zooming around. Did I mention my golf clubs fit in the trunk? ok I have to take the woods out and fit them inside the trunk next to the bag, big whoop! This car is far superior to the Solstice and Sky. They can't compare at all. What a blast this MX5 is !!

I bought the Special Edition which comes with all the bells and whistles. The rag top is just way to easy to operate, I love it. The Bose stereo is unreal, especially nice is the auto-pilot feature. It runs on tracks, I swear, and is much more comfortable than I thought it would be.

Really... this car is so well built. It rides and handles so well, the only thing I would suggest is to do away with the door cup holders, those are a waste. The ones in the console are more than enough. Other than that the layout and design are perfect!