Used 1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used MX-5 Miata for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Classic Roadster

schnell, 07/08/2004

Bought new as daily driver. Became 3rd car (toy) in 1998. 11 years old and still on original battery. Reliable. Still a blast to drive. A little more power would be fun. Trouble with ventilation system after 7 years. Otherwise, no mechanical problems whatsoever. After 11 years people still admire at and ask to go for a ride.

Bigger Bang For The Bucks

Bill Kille, 07/11/2004

215,000 miles on mine, still going strong. Keep the oil changed and the car is darn near bulletproof. Handles like a slot car. Easy to maintain and easy to upgrade performance and handling.

Reliable and fun

Dr.D, 10/16/2007

By far the best car I've ever owned. Purchased new and been all over the US. Very reliable and the most bang for the buck. Car has been lowered and stiffened a bit with Koni shocks so there are a few squeaks and rattles but it's a sports car. Nothing like the older British stuff that broke down continually. A blast in the winter with Blizzaks on cheap steel rims. Chicks love this car and kids stare and wave.

Liked it so much I bought another

Happy Miata driver, 04/11/2017
2dr Convertible

What can I say that hasn't been said already? The Miata is the quintessential sports car! The heart and soul of a British sports car with the reliability of a Japanese economy car! I bought my first one 4 years ago, after seeing my neighbor's Miata up close (his 93 sat in his garage under a cover all the time, accumulating no miles). I found an excellent 93 that I modified to my preference..... bought a hardtop, Flyin' Miata coilover suspension, Momo steering wheel, BFG tires, bigger FM sway bars....... nothing else compares to it. Almost telepathic response to steering inputs, satisfying sounds, high lateral G's, great fuel economy, tremendous reliability. No other car I've ever owned (and I've owned a lot) has ever "scratched the itch" like the Miata. Can't say enough good about it. 2 weeks ago, my old neighbor called me to ask if I wanted to buy his 93 with 49,000 miles (this is in 2017, I note!).... and I did! All parts from original 93 will be swapped to new 93, and many more happy miles for the new one, as well as some lucky soul will buy my old 93 (still only 116,000 well cared for miles!). Couldn't be happier with these little cars. **UPDATE OCTOBER 2018** No change to report, other than that I sold the 116,000 mile car, and am now driving the 55,000 mile one! Still the same things to report about...... lots of fun, great reliability, great performance. A car that does exactly what it should. **UPDATE MARCH 19, 2020** Spontaneous review...... I HAD to update, after ripping in to work early this morning, and marvelling that you can enjoy a car SO MUCH even after years of owning it! The combination of superior chassis balance, combined with Flyin' Miata V-Maxx coilover suspension and Flyin' Miata sway bars, BFGoodrich G-Force summer tires, a 250mm MOMO steering wheel, 4.3 Torsen LSD and dry, curving roads, makes this a car unlike any other. This car is so amazingly fun to drive.... I can't believe it. I think, however, that it is time for a turbo setup. I also keep thinking another Mustang is in my future, but then I remember how much I enjoy this car..... and the Mustang thought fades.

Better than sex!

John, 01/30/2018
Limited 2dr Convertible

Best fun you'll ever have if you love driving. A perfectly balanced roadster. If you want a quiet ride, a smooth ride, a wind free ride, DO NOT BUY this car, its not for you. If you like to feel the wind and the sun, and motor thru those twisties with the feeling of awesomeness, this car is a must have. Rock solid, low maintenance, just turn the key and go. Not recommended as a family car, someone will always be left at home.