Used 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 210 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

One great car
By David

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a 1992 Acura Integra which I really enjoyed. When I started looking for a new car I wanted a sporty 4 door at a good price. After driving the 3s I knew that it was the one for me. I bought a 2006 3s Touring with 5 speed manual in January and still think it is a great car. I love the 5 speed manual and the acceleration it has. I especially enjoy taking it out on the nearby windy roads. The car handles great. You definitely get the Zoom Zoom out of this one.

2.3 liter engine, smooth 5 speed shifting, great handling, 6 CD stereo, styling (indoor and outdoor).

Could use a larger trunk access.

Best of its class
By Colin

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After driving several of its competitors, the Mazda 3 easily stood out for me as the best. Suspension is tight, engine is smooth and loves to rev, auto transmission is quick and well-programmed, brakes are strong, and the interior is the best I've ever seen. Ergonomics are excellent; the driver can really feel like he or she is part of the car. Gorgeous styling, and the exhaust note is great. Gas mileage in the city could be better, but highway mileage is right up there with other compact sedans. Excellent build quality -- the 3 is built in Japan, and it shows. A very well-thought-out, fun, affordable sports compact.

Handling, engine, transmission, brakes all excellent. Best car seat I've ever sat in. Great styling, inside and out. Stock stereo isn't too bad; steering wheel audio controls are great. Factory alloy wheels look awesome. Japanese build quality and reliability.

Factory tires with 17" wheels (Goodyear RS-As) are terrible in rain or snow. Splash guards only available on models without sport body trim. City gas mileage could be better. Factory sunroof needs auto-close feature. 2006 and earlier models should have had aux in on the stereo (available in 2007).

Great Little Car
By Matt

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I only have two tanks of gas through my car to date. Which is a little over 800 miles. I am getting about 36 miles to the gallon driving on mixed city highway roads. WOW that is great!

Styling - interior, exterior. (love the dash especially!). Suspension is smooth but still seems to keep body roll to a bare minimum with exceptional road holding. The engine is the smoothest and quietest 4 cylinder I have driven to date. Brakes are superb with great stopping power and feel.

Power windows and lock option without having to pay for the touring model would be great. I think road noise is slightly louder then it should be on certain road surfaces. Got a slight rattle in dash on some road surfaces.

Amazing Car For All Ages!
By JSAP123

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Mazda 3 in Winning Blue straight out of the showroom...all I can say is wow! It is a very "rich" looking car, but doesn't kill your wallet. I purchased mine for $21,000, tax and title included. It now has 15,000 miles on it and its been nothing but happy days. Just look around and you'll see that the Mazda 3 is at the head of its class in almost every category. What amazed me was that insurance was cheaper for my 06 Mazda than for a 06 Honda Civic, 05 VW Jetta, and a 06 Honda Accord. If you're looking for a sporty, sophisticated, and fun car the Mazda 3 is it!

I love that even though I paid an economy price I get so much, like leather seats, 6 CD changer, and much much more. I also love the power of the engine and I still get good gas mileage. I get compliments wherever I go, from people of all ages, they just stop and stare!

Only thing I can think of would be that it needs a trunk button on the key fob, but otherwise I love the car and have had no problem with it at ALL!

z-Mazda
By z-man

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been fun since the 1st day I bought it. No mechanical or quality problems so far, very pleased with the car. Easy on gas and the wallet.

Styling, handling.