Used 2012 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Great car
By Matt l

2012 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great car, had great luck with it. Did not have many issues with it. I reccomend this car.

Mazda saved our lives
By Jasmine Franks

2012 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Hi mazda
Last Monday June 11th I was involved in a car accident in my 2012 Mazda CX-9. I want to say THANK YOU! for building an great quality vehicle. This vehicle saved my 3 children's life and mine. The curtain airbags deployed right on time to prevent us from injuring our heads. My kids and I were able to walk out that wrench with not even a scratch. Thank you for protecting my family.

Mazda CX-9, great the second time around as well!
By Ted

2012 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This was my second CX-9. I bought another because I loved the first. No change in opinion. Well built, comfortable, and reliable. Some of the technology was a bit behind (i.e., poor resolution and screen size on back up cam), but that's really not why I bought the vehicle. Great in snow and long trips. The only downside were terrible blind spots. With no blind spot alerts or mirrors, changing lanes can be a bit adventurous. Other than that, it's a great crossover.

great purchase over highlander and path finder, 10
By big T Waller

2012 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

brake boosters at 40-45k miles have been tagged to be replaced. this is not a call back but have them commit to do before you sign the dotted line. we love our cx9, cvt is great, chane the fluids every 40k miles, i used firestone for my drain & fill trans service they used pennzoil cvt-2 fluid. 7.6 quarts.

Love this car
By John

2012 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This was the best car we ever owned up to now. We traded it in on a newer CX-9 that had 70,000 fewer miles and a warranty. We love our 2014 just as much if not more. Never had any problems with the 2012.