Used 2011 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

2nd. CX-9 I have owned
By Zon Davison

2011 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

CX-9 is the right size for us!

Never again!
By K Blome

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I would never purchase the CR9 again. There have already been 2 recalls. The dealership was less than helpful on fixing the first recall. The second one came in a letter. I filed the letter. After 3 years the problem happened but I did not remember the letter. I took it to my mechanic for repair. I spent $700 to get it fixed....was a brake problem. When filing the work receipt I found the letter. I called and they said to send in the work order showing it was complete and proof that I paid for it. Well, after many weeks I got a refund check for $380. If you don't take it to a dealer they won't pay for the whole expense. Never again will I own a Mazda. They have started to produce poor quality and do not stand behind their car.

More of a whale than a dolphin
By Brendon

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Intriguing color choice--"dolphin grey." This is a serious SUV, and with a trailer mount for a baggage carrier, we could fit both adults, four kids, and sometimes a dog in the car for trips of 300-1000 miles with comfort.

Problems w
By Syed H

2011 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought used 2011 in 2013 with 22 K miles on it. Did all maintainence at regular intervals. At 45 K miles started to have water leak inside the cabin on passenger side after many days of squishing water sounds. Water was pooling on the passenger floor mats. Turns out it was Clogged AC Evaporator drain. My mechanic was able to fix it by cleaning the drain and the problem solved until I use the AC coming summer. Now at 57 K miles noticed periodic oil leak in my garage. No lights coming on. Turns out it is Transfer case problem which is leaking oil . This is a famous issue on this model. Its 2017 and outside the warranty period now. New transfer case is almost $600 and including labor going to cost me $1100. I thought Mazda's were a reliable Japanese brand. Not anymore !!! Avoid CX9's.

Great ride with reliability
By BernIe

2011 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Mazda makes an awesome family SUV. Would definitely buy again. I'm trading this in for one with AWD for towing a boat.