Used 2008 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mazda CX-9 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CX-9 model:

Fun to drive
By Stacy Malmberg

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The Bluetooth had completely quit working and it took my dealership three months to correct the issue. Since the repair it does not allow me to hear if it is running, or the line is busy. The vehicle is nice to drive. It hugs the road and takes corners like a sports car-it is awesome!

Old faithful
By Sandy

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Virtually no expensive repairs Mileage not great. Old faithful. Kind of high and floaty ride. Cheap but functional interior. Won't shift into reverse when it's under 15o outside until interior heats up.

Overall the Best Vehicle I Have Owned
By Theresa Compton

2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 CX9 has proved to be the best car purchase I have made. The only maintenance I have done is regular oil changes, replaced the battery (after 6+ years) and an air bag recall. I still have the original tires with 38,000 miles on the car. I garage the car and the paint looks new after a wash. Plenty of acceleration with the V-6 (which unfortunately is no longer offered). I have large custom rims (installed by dealer) with large tires so the road noise level is a bit high. GPS system is acceptable. Bose sound system is great. Third row seat is tight for an adult, but rarely used. Storage space with seats down is plentiful and almost truck-like. Front and second row seating is very comfortable on long drives.

Baby got back, side
By Grace

2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Has some blind spots. But I'm short. Lots of room. Lots of power. Get cameras and leather seats. Dog hair sticks. Only major complaint is the water from a/c started leaking on passengers side about 1 year ago . Had it fixed, but lasted a month; then clogged again. Very little maintenance.

Best all around 7 passenger SUV
By Emily Mikulski

2008 Mazda CX-9 Touring 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I compared and shopped a long time. I test drove a lot of SUVs. This one doesn't feel like you're driving a big car. It handles great and has plenty power!!! The seats are very comfortable and both front seats are powered. The 7 speaker Bose sound system sounds amazing! I've had the car 3 years now and am the second owner. I have all the records of past service and the most major things it's ever needed is a window regulator. At nearly 170k miles I don't have an engine tap, oil leak or even a noise. Still rides quiet as can be and so smooth. Very happy and hope it lasts years to come!