Used 1994 Mazda 626 Sedan Consumer Reviews

$762 - $1,863

Used 626 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

This car stinks

Steve, 01/10/2005

We have had nothing but trouble since we bought this car. First the transmission went. Then it was the water pump. Then all 4 shocks and ball joints needed to be replaced. We only had to replace the front 2 ball joints. The engine in this car feels like a piece of junk. So far it has died twice on the highway and once at home.

Fun to Drive, good MPG

Kaka, 06/16/2006

I have mine with all options, Leather, sunroof, power window, central lock, ABS, V6 2.5L, 4 wheel disc brake...and the most important...5 speed manual. This car so much better than Honda Accord. Has a lot of power but still have good MPG. My wife's car is Honda Accord 97. It's an automatic; it seems lame, bored, doesn't have power and has worse MPG even though the Honda has smaller engine (2.2L). This Mazda 626 has better suspension and better build quality compare to Accord. I bought this car based my experience with my previous car, a Mazda Protege LX 1.8L. It has all options. Has more than 200.000 miles but the engine still run like new...bravo Mazda. My next car probably will be a MazdaSpeed 6.

Common Sense

Zuke, 09/02/2004

We bought this car when it already over 10 years old and about to crest 150K miles. So far we've replaced the front tires, the negative battery lead, and a headlight bulb. It has incredible pickup and a good, stiff suspension. Body and panels are still tight and well maintained. Last owner obviously took care of it. If you bought a used car that already had damage to it, do you think it will somehow be all better because you own it now? It still has years of abuse, so don't judge it on how the last owner did not maintain it well.

Solid car

vtdichard, 04/07/2002

i bought this car unsed in 1997 it was a lease return and has been a very reliable vechile since I bought it. great gas mileage with the 4cyl 5 spd, and vitually maintenance free. Since I've owned it the only money I've had to put in the vechile was for a new distributor and usual item.... brakes/tires. I would recomend this vechile to anyone.

1994 Mazda 626

Andy Mazda, 04/19/2002

I bought it new and it's been very reliable and comfortable. I just had to change the transmission at 107K. There's a oxygen sensor light that has been going on since I bought the car. I have gotton it fixed a few times but it still comes on.

My Favorite Car

Alfreda Brown, 08/18/2008

I have 186,000 miles on my Mazda 626 and I am very fond of her performance. The engine runs quietly and reminds me of a purring kitten while being driven. It runs smoothly and is powerful while driving. It reminds me of a turbo engine. I am very pleased with it and will keep it as long as she continues to be a reliable vehicle.

Good if you can afford it

J2, 08/29/2008

I got this car from my grandfather. It's a good enough car until you have to fix something. When the transmission died on me, every mechanic I called said that they didn't really want to mess with it. It finally got replaced at the cost of $2300. Parts for the car are almost impossible to find, and when I could find them they were really expensive. Body style is great and can stand up to anything. If you buy the car in silver, paint it immediately or it will look bad. Sound system is wonderful especially with a cassette adapter. Overall though, I cant wait to get rid of this car so I can get something I can afford to repair.

I LOVE MY 626

626lover, 05/24/2002

I love my car. I have had it for two years now, and I had to replace the distributor 2 weeks after buying, then nothing until last month, I had to replace the alternator and I am now replacing the driver side window switch. But I do love it. I can go off road with it, and race if I wanted. I got it to 111 in the quarter mile. I haven't seen any good looking rims on this car yet. I would suggest this car to EVERYONE!

Sold but had some problems!

AJC, 05/24/2002

We bought the car in 1996 and it had 35,000 miles. We had to put in a new trans at 55,000 miles. the ca now has 100,000 mile and had to replace the two front axles, rear struts, front brakes, tires. I quess we got the lemon because of the trans. The car is still very tight.

Average 626

ajmcgee, 02/10/2010

I of course bought this car used and the previous owner did not take care of it, but since I got it I had to replace: front A frames, sparks plugs and wires, rear and side motor mounts, exoste, and the normal repairs (rotors;tires;brakes;etc.) In general it is a very nice car, after the previous abuse it still runs fairly well. It does shift hard though. And only recently has the motor sounded louder.

51050