Used 1994 Mazda 626 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used 626 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

This car stinks

Steve, 01/10/2005
DX 4dr Sedan

We have had nothing but trouble since we bought this car. First the transmission went. Then it was the water pump. Then all 4 shocks and ball joints needed to be replaced. We only had to replace the front 2 ball joints. The engine in this car feels like a piece of junk. So far it has died twice on the highway and once at home.

Love this car!

jeff82501, 01/27/2014
ES V6 4dr Sedan

Honestly I've read a lot of bad reviews on here but this is probably one of my all time favorite cars. It was more comfortable than my 08 Toyota Camry, however it's a little short on storage with a very small console and small glove box, the cup holders also have a lot to be desired. For a 1994 it's probably one of the most stylish and still fits in as a modern looking vehicle today. The Manual Transmission was strong throughout the entire time I owned it. I bought my 626 with 50,000 miles and sold it with 320,000. It never left me stranded, the only repairs I ever had done were just routine maintenance such as spark plugs, tires, belts, shocks struts etc. It has been an absolute pleasure

Trustworthy car

Car Wizard, 10/07/2002
ES V6 4dr Sedan

I had owned two cars before and this is the best. The engine is very smooth, proving the V6 power, double overhead camshifts with 24 valves renders a smooth drive I have never experienced with most of the cars I have driven, except BMW 324i. The automatic transmission is smooth at high speeds and the engine is unbelievably silent at very high speeds too. The brakes are excellent and relaible like a rock. There is lot of room inside the car and five 6 ft guys can sit in, comfortably. It never gave me any repairs surprisingly, considering my poor maintenance. One helluva car I fell in love with.

A good relaible car

ZoomZoom, 11/15/2002
ES V6 4dr Sedan

A very good and reliable car, never let me down ever. Lucky to have the machine, smooth and silent, V6 zooms like a rocket and room for a whole family. Build is sturdy and comfy. No repairs to date, but I do maintain with regular oil changes and checks. $20 per three months and 626 is your friend for life.

Great Ride

zweave, 04/11/2005
ES V6 4dr Sedan

Bought in Jan.2005 with only 70k miles. Drives like new. With only minor performance upgrades, I sometimes chirp wheels from 1st to 2nd without trying (and I have an automatic!). Near sports-car performance in a luxury sedan.

12345...8