Used 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used MKZ for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great milage

xeroblu, 05/01/2014
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ive had some premium cars in my life and I've never received so many complements on this ride by all age groups. In its reserve trim with the upgraded wheels and roof it looks slick. The car was a first year production run and if you recall Lincoln had production problems with the MKZ meeting quality standards holding up release several months. Its said Maulally then CEO of Ford was ready to scrap the brand because of it. I say this because the car has interior issues. Ive had several panels fall off, and squeaks and rattles have been a chore for me and my Lincoln dealership to iron out. That said, Ive driven the new ones and I'm confident all those issues have been resolved so buying a new Lincoln is a safe choice and a wise one if you like the look. In fact the new hybrids have been re worked and tuned to use more EV than my 2014 resulting in a quieter more buttoned up ride. Huge strides have been made in the material quality from my 2014 to the current 2016's in leather and interior panels. All that said I'm planning on leasing a new continental when this lease is up. Lincoln has won me over in their customer service. Beats BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Lexus hands down. Lincoln picks up the car for service leaving me with a Lincoln loaner returning my car where ever I am. Essentially you never have to see the dealership for service and if you buy Black Label you just never need to go to the dealer even to purchase. No one else does this and it does make a difference.

Luxury Sedan for Grownups

randygrenier, 11/21/2013
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I previously owned a Cadillac CTS, but I like the MKZ Hybrid much more. I'm glad someone finally recognizes there is a market for this kind of car. I respect that others want high-performance road racing cars, but I prefer a quiet, posh ride. The technology is unbelievable. The reviewers mention the computerized continually adjusting dampening system, but they don't mention that it "learns" along with brakes, acceleration, you driving habits, and road conditions to improve over time. The cabin tech is out of this world--not enough space here to even begin.

Glad I got it

driver130, 03/29/2014
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I almost brought a Cadillac until I saw that Lincoln Hybrid was the same price as the non Hyb. I have this car three months and it is comfortable, fun to drive looks good too. The electronics are not at all confusing as some pro reviewers have suggested, nor does it make noise when converting to gas from battery. Study the manual a bit and the electronics will become intuitive. The extra space provided by push button gears and no shift handle is awesome. I have compared this to friends' BMW and Benz and the Lincoln actually has some better features. The audio system being one. THX audio rocks. Crisp and clear sound.

MKZ Hybrid

warpaint1, 12/19/2013
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love the exterior styling on the MKZ and the lines of the vehicle are beautful. I love the look and feel of the handling. The fit and finish is amazing and the sound quility is the best. The ride is what I expected it to be excellent. Sure there are more expensive vehicles out there but I think Lincoln has come a long way with the design and build of the new MKZ.

Third Ford Corporation Hybrid

Fred, 06/16/2016
Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my third "Ford Corporation" hybrid. First was a 2010 Ford Fusion (great vehicle), Second, a 2012 Lincoln MKZ (another great vehicle) and this one, a 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. I purchased the 2014 Lincoln solely because it has "killer" looks, very eye-catching and the newest battery technology. I've had no problems with ANY of the hybrids and the gas mileage is fantastic. I really like Ford's hybrids because they look like "real" cars, not like "insects" as in the Toyota Prius. There's only a couple of things I would change, one is the CVT transmission (I don't care for the "drone" sound it makes under hard acceleration {although it does perform well at all highway speeds}), the second is a larger fuel tank and the third is the many touch screen prompts (I prefer buttons/switches and knobs). Dealer service is great, showrooms are high class and personnel are very friendly. Additionally, Lincoln does not charge extra for the hybrid edition. A nice feature is when sitting in traffic, the battery pack heats and cools the interior of the car without running the engine and only comes on temporarily when the battery pack needs to be recharged and that only takes a few minutes. Can't buy a better vehicle. One other issue I'm concerned about is the premature wear of the Michelin tires, although the tires are not a Lincoln issue, these tires do not wear as well as other Michelin tires I've had. The tires are rotated and balanced every 5 thousand miles. I purchased a set of Vogue tires and although they are not "easy rollers", they perform much better than the Michelins. I have noticed a slight reduction in gas mileage (MPG) with these tires however, the extended miles of wear and road-feel is a good trade-off. I had to replace the Vogue tires because of tread separation and purchased a set of Pirelli's and those appear to be doing well (the car only has 30K miles on it). Don't understand why the tires are a problem because I have them rotated and balanced every 5K miles. In closing, I can only say this car is terrific and am disappointed that Ford is not gong to manufacture sedans anymore. DUMB move!!