Used 2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV

View reviews for a specific Range Rover model:

The worst car I've ever owned!
By John

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the look of the Range Rover and it's very capable off road. Asside from that, this is the most unreliable and frustrating car I have ever owned. I will never buy another one. My service advisors tell me they are "known electrical problems" that they can not fix. Eventually you give up on constantly taking the car back in and live with the headaches.

Off road

Stop selling the car until it can be fixed correctly.

Remember the Yugo?
By zpirate

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Wow, what a mistake! We traded a '04 RR in on the '06 RR. Gosh darn it! We read the reviews on the 2006 just like you're doing, and people seemed to like the vehicle, so we traded. I'm sorry for that stupid decision. At least the '04 was decent with the BMW drive. Our '06 is an electronics monster that reared its ugly head when we drove off in it. We've had nothing but trouble with it. They've reprogrammed it and installed software upgrades 12 times and it still surged, shook, vibrated, cut in and out on its own. They can't fix it. We gave up and bought a Mercedes. My suggestion is don't buy one. L/R lost a customer for life.

Looking at it...but that's all!

Disappointed Again
By hsm

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This was the Range Rover to make amends for the RR problems of the past. It seems it is not to be. Since buying new, I've had repeated problems with "check coolant" light, oil service reminder that would not reset and now a "Suspension System Fault" that they cannot seem to fix (Land Rover's build problem, my dealer is great). The alarm signal sounds, the message light says drop speed below 30 mph. I think I'm done with Land Rover, the is the second lemon I've had in three model years. Designed well and fun to drive, just don't go too far...the reliability is not what it should be for a car in this price range.

Design - fun to drive

Reliability - engineering that was improved by BMW seems to have been undone by the new ownership team at Ford (Premier Auto Group)

Great car all over
By Sultan

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV Supercharged 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I bought this car based on an SMS message from the dealership, stating they have a special year-end offer. I saw the car first at the begging of 06 and it caught my heart but the price was over my budget. But with the new offer I could not resist. The dealer didn¬ít have a test drive vehicle. So I bought the car anyway based on research done on the net,especially this site. I noticed a lot of reviewers complying of fuel consumption. To me its not a problem because I live in the middle east and gas is cheaper than tap water (you are more than welcome to move here ). I fill up a full tank for $20. I recommend this car to any one with class and at the same time has some coolness left in them

Everything about this car is lovable

None so far

Dre's Rover
By Dre

2006 Land Rover Range Rover SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The perfect vehicle in every way! You cannot buy better. Worth every single penny.

Looks that kill