Used 2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

Used Compass for Sale
Select your model:
12345...29

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

It's a Jeep thing!

Heather, 08/22/2006
Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Steel Blue 4x4 Sport and I am 100% completely in love with it! It's just the perfect size for an SUV and the gas mileage is great. I couldn't be more pleased. The ride is so smooth, as well as the CVT transmission. I think all the Compass haters need to go drive one before they make their final judgment. I didn't like it at first; one test drive is all it took!

5 out of 5 stars

NW Compass

NW Compass, 11/08/2006
Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Was looking for a car for the wife. Leaning towards the Liberty, liked the look etc. and great cash incentives right now. From what I had heard Compass had no go. Test drove the Liberty then the Compass. The minute I drove the Compass knew it was the car she would enjoy. SUV look, had plenty of get up and go, plus the ride was so much better than the Liberty. It was what she wanted and is a lot more than I expected. Only options we got were the automatic, Drivers Convenience Group (recommended), the E Package (power windows etc.), Yes Essentials premium seats (recommended). The car drives great, plenty of room, zips down the freeway. Everything we wanted and more for a great price.

5 out of 5 stars

I Love My Little Jeep

docgent, 12/17/2006
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is really amazing and I love the fuel economy. It has some zip in the city and fun in the mountains. I owned a Honda Element for 3 years and sold it and bought this dandy of a vehicle. It rides great and feels like a car, yet has the room and comfort of a expensive SUV.

1 out of 5 stars

J.E.E.P- Just. Empty. Every. Pocket!

Elissa B., 01/05/2016
Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first jeep I have ever owned. Purchased it 3 years ago used with 43,000 miles on it. I purchased it for $6000 and thats because it had been my brothers and he was buying new car. He had only had it for 2 years and all problems seemed to have started once it became mine, go figure! It has been in the shop more than ANY other vehicle I have ever owned. Over $3000 worth of repairs thus far. I have had front end work done multiple times, ball joints tie rods etc... throttle control problems, power steering pump problems and so many more that out of sheer frustration at the moment I cant even remember the rest! I have been told that framework on rear end is completely shot. Rusted out and unsafe to drive. I live in upstate NY and am use to driving in horrible winter conditions and because of frame problems I have handling issues and slide all over the place on roads with even the tiniest amount of snow on them while going 20mph!! From my research, all of these problems are typical of this vehicle and it looks like the most expensive fix is going to be the current framework problem. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!! Don't be as stupid as I was!!!!!! In the shop more than the road, total money pit!

2 out of 5 stars

4.5 out of 5 stars

Fills the niche

schill27, 11/29/2006
Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this vehicle for a short amount of time but in that amount of time I have come to truly enjoy it. What many consider negative features of the Compass truly don't understand what they're driving. Yes, from a stand still it takes the CVT some time to get to full highway speeds. However, short of drag racing or awkward on-ramps, how often does someone get on an expressway starting at 0 MPH? Lack of cargo space? Not really. The Compass has adequate space for everyday necessities, and with the 60/40 back seats I can't imagine not having enough room. I'd target this vehicle at a younger audience who want nice features with an affordable price tag.

12345...29