Skip to main content

MSRP Starting at
$45,300

Save as much as $507
Select your trim:

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2022 XF, so we've included reviews for other years of the XF since its last redesign.
5 out of 5 stars

The Car to get -- If Driving Matters Most.

My 1st Jag, 04/12/2017
2017 Jaguar XF S 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Just finished an Audi A6 lease, and was planning to do the easy thing and get into another Audi. Then....I drove the Jaguar XF. I first drove a base XF in premium trim, then I drove XF S AWD. And wow, does the XF S AWD drive! The steering feel, handling, and responsiveness far exceed the Audi and the BMW 5 series. If you care about the joy of driving, you owe it to yourself to check out the XF. It just feels lighter and more responsive. The XF's interior is simple, elegant, uncluttered, reminicent of a comfortable driver's cockpit, which is what I prefer. It has all the safety nannies like lane departure, blind spot warning, LED headlights, and parking aides. If you're looking for a more sophisticated and shiny interior, Audi, BMW, and Mercedes is a better place to look. Finally, the price. The XF S AWD doesn't come cheap, especially the fully loaded models. I decided to to pick the right color combination with custom wheel appearance package, and forgo many of the optional packages. By doing this, the MSRP on my XF S AWD was $7-8K lower than the fully loaded ones. Some dealers (but not all) are willing negotiate, especially at month's end. Most dealers are discounting the them 3-4K, but if you're patient and timing is right, you can potentially double those savings. One more thing, it comes with a 5 year, 60K mile warranty, with prepaid maintenance, something Audi and Mercedes doesn't do and BMW does for 1 year and 10K less.

Love my new XF - 2016 Redesign

Mic Jaguar, 09/20/2016
2016 Jaguar XF 35t Prestige 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

So...I've owned pretty much every German brand, a few Japanese cars and two American sports cars. I wasn't even considering Jaguar as option this go-around, but stopped at the dealership to check out the XE (boy was that TOO small). Then I sat in the XF and realized this was the perfect car (fit and finish). Once I took it for a test drive I was hooked. It feels like a big cat ready to leap out of it's skin! PROS: Acceleration, Exhaust note, Handling, Exterior looks, Interior comfort, Entertainment System, Space for family of 4, Touches of comfort not found in competing German brands, Warranty and Service plan included. CONS: Not many, but I've had a small rattle on the passenger side door, however, Jaguar has been great about isolating and fixing AND the Auto start/stop feature is maddening (just need to get used to turning it off when you start the car). I highly recommend the XF!

Love and Hate Type of Car

Dillon Patel, 02/27/2019
2017 Jaguar XF 35t Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I leased this car in October 2017 because the lease deal was $399 zero down for a $$63,000 car. Has a lot of safety features and the best part is the supercharged engine which is the best part about the car. However after a month of ownership the rear view camera was dangling as well as the rear heated seat component. They were both replaced but the same issue occurred a week later. The speakers were blown which were recently replaced and now the sunroof doesn’t close. Since there aren’t many jaguar dealerships in N.J. it is hard to get an appointment with a loaner car.

Very satisfied

Jhill, 06/08/2019
updated 06/12/2020
2017 Jaguar XF 35t Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Have had this car for 2 years now. Overall extremely satisfied with the car. 33mpg on road trips in a car with 340hp is great. Very smooth ride quality. Seats....after two years....are still very supportive. I'm 6'2/240lbs and am very comfortable. Tires have, so far, lasted 28,000 miles which is fabulous. Absolutely no mechanical problems. Had some odd cosmetic issues present at delivery; sales/service was absolutely awesome at handling all of them. The service department at the local dealer is pretty disorganized; not relevant to my enjoyment of the car but will factor in my decision what to get at the end of the lease. Update-7 months later and just passed 40k miles. Tires just got replaced; probably had a few more miles left on them. No mechanical problems of any kind. Ride quality still excellent. Trunk liner (they call it a gasket) is loose. Took it to a different dealer than mentioned in previous review and they failed at fixing it. Turns out there's a TSB out on this very thing, so will take it to a different dealer at next service. Very satisfied with car and when lease is up will still consider sticking with Jaguar. Again, though, the service departments so far have been poor. This will factor into my decision. Jaguar USA...if you are listening....you need to get a handle on these service departments. Update: Lease is over and I absolutely enjoyed the car. No mechanical problems, wear/tear WELL within expectations. Overall MPG was 27. Highest ever was 34. Unfortunately JLR wasn't offering any deals to keep me as a customer. Prices on new XFs were just too high when compared to competitors. Tried to work a deal with a nearby dealer on a nicer XE; sales crew was mostly unresponsive to emails and texts. In summary, the car was fantastic, and (based on the car alone) I would probably have stayed Jaguar had I gotten some love.

Good stuff!

Jeff C., 10/29/2020
updated 05/02/2022
2018 Jaguar XF Sportbrake S 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Purchased a used 2018 XF Sportbrake S with just 7,500 miles and under 11 months on the road. I was intrigued with the Jaguar wagon after reading reviews, and seeing a black one on the dealer's lot a couple years ago. The Sportbrake wagon is pretty unusual, as I've read that Jaguar only sold around 250 of them since they were introduced in 2016. I really like the styling, to my eye it's a very handsome car. Great lines and rather conservative exterior design are a welcome contrast from the Lexus RCF I traded in. Overall the aesthetic is one I admire, and I think it will age very well. The fact the Jaguar XFs are different from the other midsize cars in their class is a selling point. Unique and classy. When I took the car home, I was initially excited and trying out all the features. The "S" model (the only trim available in the wagon) is loaded with options. I was playing with the "soft close" doors when the rear driver's side door malfunctioned and the door wouldn't close all the way. It would latch, but was slightly ajar. Naturally, this was troubling. However, the next day I was able to take the car to the dealer and the kind service manager resolved the issue by simply holding the door handle open and closing and holding the door shut. The soft close motor then reset, and the problem was solved. This initial incident activated my OCD, and my inner car critic started noticing small things that were concerning. The body fits were not quite the high standard I saw in my Lexus. Not horrible by any means, but a little wide and uneven in spots. Then there was a piece of rubber trim on the tailgate that wasn't tucked in all the way. Also, one of the rear seatbelts got hung up and wouldn't pull out. I did manage to get it functioning after some fiddling. Again, my OCD was on high alert. Overall, the interior is maybe a step down from my former car, with a few whiffs of cheapness. To be real about it, a car with an $80k-plus sticker price should be top notch in my opinion but I am willing to see this car as unique and different, and look for the areas where the Jag does shine. Now on to the good stuff. The car is very quiet and the driver's area is very nice with great-smelling leather seats, and sporty steering wheel and substantial-feeling switches on the center of the wheel. Most of the surfaces are soft touch, and the look and feel is reserved and high quality, if slightly ergonomically quirky (the window switches are mounted far forward n the armrest, and sort of a reach). The tech is very good, fast to respond and most functions that are not supported with hard buttons are just a tap or two away. The Apple Carplay works great, however you must use the USB cord to access that functionality. The Bluetooth works great, pairing with my phone easily, and so far has not broken connection. The car does seem to revert to playing the radio after turning it off, not sure if that's an issue or just the way it's designed. The car drives beautifully, and it handles great, with nice steering and fantastic body control over bumps and through turns. The supercharged V-6 is strong and smooth. The power is flexible and linear, and it has a nice deep exhaust note. The 8-speed transmission is better than the one in my old car, always seems to be in the right gear for the situation, and does not move to higher gears too quickly. It seems to always be in the right gear for the situation and operates imperceptibly in the background just like a good gearbox should. Good driving experience. The suspension is the perfect blend of comfort and control, soaks up the bumps with one movement and holds the car level in the turns. I really like the serene ride and it makes me not miss the Lexus’ firm, sporty ride too much. It has a more mature and refined ride quality. As you can imagine, the car gets a fair amount of attention. Most people have not seen one of these cars in person. I must say that I love the style of the car, very classy and there’s not a bad line on this car. I took it to a Cars & Coffee event the other day, and had a lot of positive attention. One guy told me this was the best looking car at the event, even amongst the German and Italian cars that were there. I agree.