Used 2011 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XF model:

Jaguar expensive repairs!
By Matt Yeates

2011 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

At 76300 miles and 6 years into my Jaguar XF 2011 Supercharged, I am now having to replace my fuel injectors on cylinders 2, 4, 6 and 8. Completely unacceptable and more so for a dealer attempting to charge $3200. My first and last Jaguar. Fun as hell to drive...expensive as hell to fix!

First Jag.
By David Blount

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

A great car. Would like to trade in on another Jag, but my wife loves this car so much, she hates to give it up. Most likely will trade it soon for new or newer Jaguar.

my jaguar xf s cut on fire 17 miles from
By raul

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I just drove the car out of the audi dear a jaguar xf S 17 miles down the car lost all the Power I'm in the middle of the freeway 2 seconds later car was in total fire big flames

Horrible quality, only exceeded by worse service
By vaznayak

2011 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

UPDATE: Finally got rid of the car!!! Leaks developed in the car (through the windshield). For several months Jaguar kept fixing and replacing many parts of the car - claiming 1 thing after another was leaking (I told them i suspected the windshield, but they said that was not possible). After 6 months of trying to fix the leak, they finally looked at the windshield, and confirmed that the leaks were indeed coming from there. By then the car had gotten so badly damaged due to water, that my insurance company took the car off our hands, and we didn't have to go through the hassle of selling it. During all this time, the dealership provided us with a loaner - initially a lousy, small Hyundai, and then after I made some noise, an equivalent Jag. Often we waited days or weeks to get simple repairs done. They would give me an appointment, and then take 3 days just to take a look at the car, and then wait weeks for parts to arrive. In fact our insurance company had better follow ups with us on the repairs than the dealership did. I finally had to meet with the GM of the dealership to discuss the situation, and even sent them an invoice for MY time lost coming in to the dealership and chasing after them.

While we loved driving the Jag, the hassles of owning one were not worth it. We ended up buying a Porsche and a Tesla and it has been an amazing experience - great customer service, and fantastic drives - Porsche better than the Tesla!, though the Tesla has its plusses.

OLD REVIEW: We've now owned this car, bought new, for 3.5 yrs, and have under 18,000 miles on it. By now, a significant portion of the car has been replaced by Jag - including several internal lights, the entire fuel system, parts of the audio system, and most recently all the carpeting and even the front seats.....and they're still not done!!! There's still more they need to work on. And even that's not the worst part.

What is absolutely the worst is the level of customer service. Take the car in for work, and then I have to follow up for an update. It typically takes 6-8 weeks to get replacement parts, and involves several follow ups. Amazing that they are still in business.

My first but not my last Jag
By georgemilliken

2011 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti and Saab cars over the years owning multiple models in the Mercedes, BMW and Lexus car lines. I never thought I would buy a Jaguar. I had seen some new ads and the cars looked great, but I had heard such bad things about the reliability issues. I try to buy a late model used car because I think it makes good financial sense. I will buy new if I can't find a used car with all of the options I want. While looking at Mercedes I stumbled upon a 2011 XF. Decided to drive it and that was all I needed. Still under factory warranty and has three certified years after that. Love this car, love driving again.

Love the sound of the engine and the handling. When merging into traffic and needing speed I will press the pedal down and the car takes off. I have never pushed it to the end of it's ability. Seems like there is always more power waiting. My Mercedes and BMW would hit their limit quickly, not this car. Interior is awesome.

My only issue is that for the type of car it lacks some of the technological bells and whistles of its competitors. I just got rid of a 2008 Infiniti that had a 360 degree camera, lane departure warning and prevention systems, adaptable cruise control and a much better voice interface that the Jag. I really miss the adaptive cruise control. I made the decision that I was willing to sacrifice these comforts because I loved the drive so much and the car is beautiful.