Used 2003 Jaguar S-Type R Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jaguar S-Type R Consumer Reviews

R 4.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )

S type R
By Dave Moran

Great!

sassy kiytty
By gaylen d.frye

2003 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

bought this car from a female friend.i'm the third owner.this car is wicked fast.definitly an eye catcher from both sexes. my first british car and so far so good.awesome car.

Great Performance and Style
By nh

2003 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car is startlingly fast! Despite being a 4000 lb luxury sedan it corners like a sports car. Breaks are great! I get tons of looks and compliments on the styling. The R has much better proportions than the standard S-Type. The wood and leather interior is very classy. I prefer it to the modernized XF interior. Dealer Repair costs are extremely high... especially if there is only one Jag dealer locally. Most independent shops refuse to touch this car, however even after 80,000 miles this car has only been to the shop a handful of times. My only real complaint is about the small size of the tank. I travel a lot and I wish I could go over 400 miles between petrol stops.

400 supercharged horsepower. Mind bending acceleration especially at highway speeds. Great fuel economy. I average over 20 mpg with mixed city/highway driving!

Well the car is no longer in production, however it could benefit from a Limited Slip Diff, Larger Fuel Tank, Manual Gearbox option, and More power never hurts.

Beautiful 390 HP Jag
By Brian

2003 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Beautiful car with tremendous speed. I bought this car with 51 mi on it from a private owner. I now have 60 mi on it and have the following to report. The supercharger in the car works great, and I love the fact that I can beat almost anybody that pulls up next to me with such a classy vehicle. I also get many compliments on it. Now for the bad stuff. The dual heating system in mine is already having problems and heat seems to blow from some vents when the AC is on. I'm told it's a $1500 problem to solve. Also the plastic bevel and cup holders in the back are cheaply made and will break. Visor mirror covers are made of the same junk plastic and have also broken. Still like it so far!

POWER! Crazy fast for such a classy car. Beautiful styling is also appreciated. GPS works well too.

Should use higher quality plastics for movable plastic interior pieces. I have 2 Jaguars and both have plastic interior pieces that break more easily than in other cars. Both of my Jags have broken visor mirror covers so I think its a problem. Also would like to use regular gas instead of premium

Corvette in a Tuxedo
By pbomgardner

2003 Jaguar S-Type R R 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl S/C 6A)

This car has been a dream to own. It has required nothing other than the normal maintenance, and even that has been surprisingly inexpensive. The car is elegantly understated and is very subtle in appearance. However, all of the subtlety changes when the gas pedal is used. This car is a rocket - like the title idicates, it is a Corvette in a tuxedo! It handles superbly, goes like the wind, and it does it all with style and grace. I could not ask for a better vehicle, and when it does come time to trade, I am going to have a very hard time deciding what to replace it with. HMMM - maybe a pre-owned Supercharged FX is in my future! This Jag has it all - elegance, performance, and reliability.

Performance; Style - both inside and out; Exclusivity - you just do not see them everywhere; Comfort - both driver and passenger seats have multiple settings; Reliability.

There needs to be a little more attention to the details. While the build quality is leaps and bounds beyond previous Jags, there are still a few rattles and squeeks that should not be in a $60 K car. Other than that, I really cannot think of anything.