Used 2004 INFINITI FX35 SUV Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Aged like fine wine
By Tom

2004 INFINITI FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I took a chance and bought a 14 year old car with just 74,000 miles. So far it seems like a wise choice. You stand a good chance of getting a really nice car for a good price if you pick an older Japanese luxury model. They seem to hold up much better than the American and German premium brands. My FX35 looks contemporary even if tech features are archaic. It has the typical FX35 door lock issues but there are cheap fixes for that nowadays. Other than that all accessories work as they should. The performance may have been outstanding in 2004, but is middle of the road in 2018. Power from the 280HP V6 is adequate and the FX has a substantial feel to it you won’t find in a brand new Chevy Equinox. Getting 17 MPG on 89 octane in the city. Driving in wet weather conditions with awd is surefooted and it’s unaffected by crosswinds, we’ll see how it does in snow soon enough.

Love my 2004 Infinity
By LOVE MY RIDE

2004 INFINITI FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I went looking a newer model SUV and the dealership just happen to have my FX35 in the shop fixing the back windows. I love the height (getting in and out). However, there seems to be a recall on the Seatbelt for the passenger side. I received this almost a year ago. I called the dealership twice and they still don't have the parts in. The seatbelt like is constantly flashing which is nerve racking. Has anyone else received a recall notice for this issue? I did have to have the front seat upholstered because I cannot stand cracked leather. The car looks new inside. The 6 CD player only plays 2, always has since I bought the truck. I just deal with it. I do not however have a navigation system that most are speaking of. How did this happen? Once I get the seatbelts fixed, I will enjoy my ride again :-)

Redefines the meaning of an SUV
By Kevin

2004 INFINITI FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great sporty versatile vehicle, I owned a bmw z3 convertible roadster and in comparison to that this handles great, Bose sound system sounds like a club in the car, nice power from the motor roomy interior, car has 220k miles and car still runs like new.... Issues with it is the dash bubbles, front leather seats break down literally, mpg is 18 mostly highway but overall I love it, his a rich look and feel performs awesome and it's by far one of the nicest sporty SUVs out there that is affordable and worth the money. Shares the same engine as the Nissan 350z and well as a similiar build frame, issues with exhaust system from a bad rattle but I installed a new y pipe and fixed the problem... Engine like I said has 220k and still starts up and purrs like a kitten

Fun, Fast, Massive disappointment - DON'T BUY INFINITI
By h_la

I have loved my FX.
It's sporty and super capable.
My problem is with their build quality and customer service.
Infiniti used sub par material on their dashes and they bubble in the heat.
It looks terrible, like a rash on the whole dashboard.
Infiniti replaced it once 3 years ago.
It was a recall but my service rep said he was doing it as a favor (and suggested his favorite brand of whiskey, which I unwittingly bought him as thanks).
When this same problem occurred again 3 years later Infiniti says that it's no longer under warranty even though the warranty on the dash was changed to 8 years (and this one is only 3 years old).
I can't stand to look at it now. DO NOT BUY INFINITI.

Sporty, fun to drive.

Better customer service.

Great car, BUT!!
By mike005

2004 INFINITI FX35 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's nice, fast, and fully loaded. BUT, buyer beware---These cars have a notorious "rattle" when starting the car, and it CAN'T be fixed; I know because I've spent thousands trying. This rattle is a problem with all Infiniti & Nissan vehicles that use this same motor. It makes your ride sound like total garbage. AND, the seats fall apart. They used a very poor quality piece along the edges of the seats that literally fall apart, and will cost you about $300 to fix, per seat. AND, the trim on the outside looks horrible after a few years; about $500 per door to fix ($2k total). AND the brakes have issues that can't be fixed.

Fast, fun, functional, great for road trips with the family.

Motor rattle (again, can't be fixed), seats, door trim on the outside, brakes.