Used 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Enjoying our Santa Fe
By Bill

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

It's a bit hard to back up because of the blind spots but the back up camera certainly helps.

Scared to Drive
By Irene

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

At 49,000 miles engine light went on. Went through cam sensors and crank sensor. I think they are suppose to last to 100,000 miles? Then received recall notice on engine. Took to dealer because engine light on, again. Was told they "tweeked" the engine and it was up to Hyundai standards. Next day I lost all power, steering, brakes, etc. Towed back to dealer, oil regulator went bad. Sent me on way, again, stating all is up to Hyundai standards. I think part of the recall is metal shredding through engine. Gee, this is a no brained. To add insult to injury Hyundai offered me below value due to recall. I am driving an unsafe vehicle.

Poor Reliability
By Taylor W.

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/Saddle Interior, 19in. wheels (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2014 Santa Fe Limited, brand new, and I was really hoping that this was going to be the vehicle for the long run. It has great features, technology, and storage. Unfortunately, we've had nothing but reliability problems from the start. We've put 25k miles on it and owned it for 2 years. The first issue we had was a crack in the black edge of the windshield which we noticed two or three days after driving it off the lot. The dealership did right by us and replaced it. Not a big deal, but a year later the replacement also developed, what I can only assume to be, a stress crack as well and needs to be replaced. Next, the hood had to be repainted due to multiple rust spots forming on the corners. After that, the blind spot detection system failed and required the passenger side mirror to be replaced. Now, during the last snow storm we noticed that the car is leaking anti-freeze and from time to time the navigation will go blank and require the car to be turned off and back on again to resolve it. For the most part the warranty has covered the issues and out of pocket cost will be the anti-freeze leak and new windshield but these are too many issues too fast. We may be the unlucky ones who got the bad one out of the bunch but I can only imagine what we'll be dealing with at 100k miles.

Uggg. It's a Hyundia. Need I say more?
By Had to Rent This Car

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD w/19in. wheels (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Had no choice but to rent this vehicle when I selected an SUV via online rental website for my trip. If I had known that my only choice was this car, I would have asked for a non-SUV and definitely not anything KIA or Hyundai. Cheap interior, cheap ride. From the grip of the steering wheel to the road feel, it simply isn't up to snuff with other more venerable economy car companies. If you're looking for this as a new car because the other makers' SUVs may be a little more expense, then buy used.

All around great car
By SALILES72

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)