Used 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

Used Santa Fe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...51

Pros
Cons

The Best

Sue Smith, 03/25/2009
GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This auto gave on the average 23 mpg and many times 28 mpg. The comfort and, performance was great for a 6 cyl. vehicle. Will be buying another within 1-2 years!

Been good to us

Romic, 01/02/2010
GLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new in Sept. of '01 and overall have been very satisfied. We purchased the extended warranty for a very affordable price and has paid off for us. The 2.7 V6 has plenty of power for a vehicle as heavy as it is and fuel mileage is reasonable at 20 mpg. avg. We have had a few mechanical issues covered mostly under warranty. Both front axles cracked and were replaced, a strange squealing noise from the rear that the dealership fixed but seems to reappear from time to time, the rear hatch door handle release latch sticks in and the door will not latch shut if you don't pull it out by hand. Radio goes on and off itself. This SUV is GREAT in snow with full time 4wd. We're keeping it

Almost an RX300 for half the price

raatx, 10/23/2002
GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Wife really wanted the Lexus RX300 but the price was heart-stopping. We each test drove the Sante Fe at 2 different dealerships and couldn't believe value of this SUV. Toured the entire Dallas Auto Show and NOTHING touched it. After 6 months we have 10K miles and a trip to Colorado with our new Sante Fe and zero problems. Very fun to drive, great ride, lots of cargo room (more than our old Windstar van with a family of 4 loaded in), loads of standard. features. Second gear is geared a little low but the pickup overall is just fine, city or highway. From a die- hard Toyota and GM fan, this is one great car. Plus the warranty if you're still not convinced!

Driving IS believing...really it is.

paulc1994, 02/26/2002
GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've been impressed. Being a long time Honda/Toyota buyer, I was somewhat skeptical about Hyundai. But what really drew me to the Santa Fe was it's unique and bold styling..so I got one last fall. It's been an impressive experience for me ever since. Hyundai's advertising claim, "Driving is Believing"...is reality. Once you drive one (especially the FWD version - sportier)...you'll want to get one.

Three years old and still like new

Steven J, 04/14/2005
GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Santa Fe just turned 3 years old and it still runs like the day I got it. Never a second of trouble. This SUV has the quality, power, ride, roominess, and style to equal its more expensive competitors. Most important, it's extremely reliable.

12345...51