2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews - 68 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe Sport model:

Very Happy
By Michael Ziegler

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle from Blaise Alexander in State College, PA. Never been treated so good. The vehicle is serving me well.

Hesitates
By Satanic mekanic

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Dangerous hesitation when merging into traffic, slowing down for a turn then accelerating replicates the problem. I never wrote a review like this before but felt strongly this is a safety concern. I am an ASE master tech with over 42 years of experience. The dealership is of no help. Filing with the National highway traffic safety administration. Do not buy or lease this car.

Santa Fe sport ultimate
By Man w/knowledge

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this vehicle since July 2017, currently has 8100 miles and at this moment the vehicle has been running smooth. The couple things I have noticed about the the vehicle include delay or problems connecting Apple play. Delay when stepping on the gas pedal and most recently the coating coming off the 19” rims. It is still under warranty so I am scheduled to bring it to the dealership and I am being told that they plan on fixing it. There is plenty of space and offers a nice small storage space in the truck under the floor. This is the first vehicle I have had with AWD and I would highly recommend it to anyone that has that available. Driving in the snow was very easy compared to FWD and you don’t have to worry about putting in 4 WD.

Responding to Katy M.
By mik sohn

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Katy was complaining about response/acceleration and gas mileage in her 2.0 l Sport. Frankly, I don't know why since I was getting acceptable response in the sport mode and with traction control off even in the base four-banger when I was renting it for about 10 days. This was true in the city and on the highway. It is true that if you don't engage the sport mode, the response is sluggish, but you do have the means to improve it. I drove the 2.0 l for comparison - and there was no comparison. The response was instantaneous off the dime. My cumulative gas mileage for one tank of gas with some city and some highway was about 20 mls per gallon. I'm sure that cumulative results over the life of the vehicle would be much better. The only problem might be that Santa Fe Sport vehicle might not have cumulative gas consumption gauge, so it resets to zero whenever you gas it up.

BIGGEST MISTAKE PURCHASING HYUNDAI 2017 SANTA FE
By Deborah

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2017 Hyundai sante fe 2.0 sport unlimited turbo awd. Please test drive the vehicle before purchasing. I test drove a white one didn’t want the color dealer had the color I requested delivered didn’t test drive before signing papers and got stuck with a car that drives terrible. I requested for another vehicle within 10 days and I was told no. The brakes been resurfaced the tires balance and it still bounce and vibrate as well as hesitate at times when pressing on gas pedal. I was told due to snow in rims it caused suv to be off balance and that’s why it vibrated. I thought awd was for the winter. Unfortunately I don’t feel safe in this death trap. I couldn’t even drive a 2hr get a way on the high way. This is my 3rd Hyundai and I’m so disappointed. I’m going to speak with attorney to see if I can get out of lease and if not I will do a voluntary repossession because I refuse to pay for something that I’m not satisfied with or may cause me my life.