2021 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $348
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

More than expected.

Dan, 04/07/2021
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I had been looking at downsizing from a 2020 Ford Explorer which we really liked. We drove Ford Escape, and Chevy Equinox and Malibu. We wanted to drop our payment by $125. That ruled out the 3 vehicles we drove. We tried the Elantra and the ride was as smooth and quiet as our Explorer. The Malibu had too much road noise. The seats are real comfortable. Driving home, I got up to 43.9 mpg. We have not had the time to play with the electronics. Cruising down the road, it (SEL) has lane change adjustment and an adjustable setting for the car to automatically slow down for slower vehicles in front of you. Once you change lanes, it will automatically speed back up to the cruise setting. Love the black grill and rims. Great looking car. It is not a dragster but will get you up to speed quickly. Test drive the vehicle and it will sell you. This is our first Hyundai and we are well pleased.

4 out of 5 stars

Went from sporty to luxury

Billy Shuttleworth, 06/21/2021
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This car would have 5/5... but the rattling... I am having to take a brand new car in for a metallic rattle happening behind the driver seat, and a door panel behind the driver side that is rattling too. I’m not sure why these cars rattle so much, and it was frustrating, because during the smooth test drive, you never hear it, but when you take it off the lot, and drive on roads that aren’t as “nice” you hear EVERYTHING you missed... the features are wonderful and I love almost everything about it. It is a major upgrade from that 2019-2020 body style... and I do like that it became more of a luxury style body... just the rattles... I am praying they can fix it, because for +$31,000 (after fees/taxes) it shouldn’t make a sound!

2 out of 5 stars

Exceeding Expectations

Bryce Formwalt, 03/25/2021
Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid with over 100,000 miles and was intent on getting another Sonata. But after purchasing a 2021 Elantra SEL for my son, I was SO impressed that I had to get one for myself! The

5 out of 5 stars

Great Features For The Price Point!

Steve D., 04/26/2021
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We leased this car for our 18 year old son. The redesign is excellent and even the base model comes standard with every safety feature imaginable! While still a $21K Hyundai with lots of hard plastic around the interior and only 147 horses under the hood, the ride is surprisingly brisk and quiet. I'm not sure you'll find this level of standard features in any other vehicle at this price point. Three years complimentary maintenance and a phenomenal app for your phone to control the car rounds this one out!

I love these cars !

Kathryn B., 03/09/2021
SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Love the lines, really stands out in the crowd. Fun to drive. Lots of safety features included. Very good fit and finish. I have owned 2 Azeras (changed for color only !) 1 Sonata, leased one Elantra Lmtd 2018 and bought this 2021 SEL 2 weeks ago. All have been trouble free. Best warranty, best service dept. Great cars.

12345...6