2018 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Elantra model:

Great Vehicle / 2nd one that we have owned
By Richard

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle is comfortable to ride in, gets excellent gas mileage,. We bought one new in 2007, in 2018 we turned it in. The vehicle had 103,000 miles and was still going strong.

Great Little Car
By ALS

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Fun car to drive. Awesome gas mileage. Sporty appearance. Love the technology in the dash. Roomy trunk.

Would buy again
By First Hyundai

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Value Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Overall I am satisfied with this vehicle. This is my first new car so some of the issues I have with it may be standard. I really don't like the warning that pops up every time you start the car. Should be a way to disable it. It goes away by itself but still bugs me. I am not thrilled about the plastic on the dash and doors. It absorbs oil and dirt easily. Had some finger grease prints on the fuse cover in the cab from the dealer and had a blast trying to get that off. The car is touchy on the highway trying to go straight. Just the smallest movement of the steering wheel you are drifting to one side or the other. You can hear the road noise more then I would except at highway speeds. I couldn't find a place together in the manual that would tell me what all the beeps or noise coming from the car means. Like leaving the car running and taking the smart key with you. I would of like to see that all in one place. The car break in period in the manual needs more detail. Pretty much it says to keep between 2k and 4k rpm, not at one speed and don't break hard. Well its impossible to stay between 2k and 4k rpm in city driving, plus it says to do this for 600 miles. Imagine having to fight and automatic to stay in that range for 600 miles driving around the city. I am not a fan of using the Android app for music or calls but is nice to have for navigation. I use the Bluetooth for calls and music and that is nice. I wasn't sure I would like the keyless system but the more I use it the more I like it. I still wish there was a place for the key in case all else fails. Like you go swimming with the fob and it shorts out or the fob gets ran over and is toast. My favorite things about this car is how it looks (2019 has some changes I am not to fond of). The price was good with good included options. The gas mileage was a great selling point. The warranty is nice. This points I mention are just little things to think about. For me I can live with them and really do like this car.

Sport - the need for speed
By Falcon

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Love the looks and performance of the Sport model. The Sport trim just flat out looks better than the other trims. The Elantra Sport may be the best looking small car on the market today. Some have complained about the 2017's DCT (7 speed auto), but I've found the operation of the 2018's as smooth as butter. Go drive one for yourself. The auto is faster than the manual in the Sport trim, and the Sport is WAY faster than the other models. Steering feels quick. Auto trans rips off quick shifts when needed. Also, seem to be getting better than expected mpg's - around 38 on my all highway commute. No need for nav - standard Apple Car Play takes care of that. Ride may be a little too firm for some people's taste. Only wish it had a driver's power seat - that's it.

Worst rental on wet roads
By Ron Powalisz

2018 Hyundai Elantra Sedan Value Edition SULEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This was a Thrifty Rental and I should have known when I initially heard the wipers squeaked and sounded like they were scratching the window that I should have expected problems. I drove this front wheel drive car in heavy rain and it felt like the left front wheel was going to fall off every time. This car was always difficult for my 6 foot 1 inch body to get in and out of and I hit my head multiple times on the door frame. This car was too low to the ground but it did have good visibility. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone over 5 foot tall.