Used 1997 Hyundai Accent Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$773 - $1,837

Used Accent for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Never again

almerinda00, 08/16/2002
GS 2dr Hatchback

Nothing but problems. This car really put a bad taste in my mouth toward all Hyundai vehicles. I would never buy another one.

What a piece of junk

bultaco, 02/09/2003
L 2dr Hatchback

Constantly breaking down. Water pump, clutch, power steering, window seals, window cranks. You get what you pay for!

Hyundai is a big mistake

redsphinx, 03/11/2002
GS 2dr Hatchback

I made the mistake of buying a Hyundai Accent brand new with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. At 40,000 miles, the entire car just fell apart.I spent over $2,000 repairing the car in six months.A go-cart is more powerful and reliable than any Hyundai. Plus the resale value of this car makes it a horrible investment. I recently purchased a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am and am very satisfied.I feel sorry for anyone that just bought a Hyundai.

'97 Hyundai Accent GT

Toxa, 06/29/2002
GT 2dr Hatchback

EXTREMELY RELIABLE: vehicle has over 100K now. The only things I ever had to change were battery, thermostat, battery cables and windshield washer pump. Very good handling and performance for the price. Very roomy inside. Durability of paint was very poor though, and the ride could be more comfortable. Also rather noisy, but it is normal for the class.

its been a pleasure...

oh-one, 10/06/2002
L 2dr Hatchback

My 97 accent manual hatchback L has babied me more than my mother. i owned good ole L-Swift Mckay from mile zero to mile 103,000. i reluctantly gave him up after 4yrs and 10mos of unadulterated dependability and perseverance.