Used 2011 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Pilot SUV

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

It's a GOOD SUV
By 0akland395

2011 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought back in 2012 with 45k on it, has about ~80k now.
Very reliable, all I've done is perform scheduled maintenance.
Gets around 19 mpg but if driving with a light foot you can get around 22 avg.
I love the ECO mode that will switch the engine to 4 cyl when driving on highways.
I just the rear had A/C vents in the roof as opposed to having them at knee-level.
It's a Honda, so I EXPECT it to last for years to come!
Great car, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good reliable SUV.
One thing that is weird that might be unique to mine is that the buttons on the radio will occasionally not work, but the volume and tune nobs work fine.

Automatic Eco mode, daytime running lights, folding third row, sliding cover over front cup holders, tons of storage up front, compass, HUD

Put rear AC vents in ceiling instead of knee-level for second row; add a digital temperature gauge; there's more but that's all that comes to mind

Not Perfect, but a Good Choice
By doc_oc

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Updates 6/27/16:
We are up to around 60K miles now. I'm still happy with the purchase. The one disappointed piece is the fuel economy. It's just not great. However, the trade off is a heavy, sturdy vehicle with a lot of interior space. The other annoying thing is the ECO mode. This light comes on every time you are not pressing on the gas which engages only 4 cylinders instead of the 6 which is supposed to get you better gas mileage. You never really know if it's working or not and the light coming off and on is distracting. Aside from that, the vehicle has held up very well. Rock solid performer with great space. It's not flashy, but has the necessary components to make driving enjoyable and comfortable. That's all I am really looking for in a car.

We purchased our EX-L with 29K miles on it.
This is what you get.
Solid, sturdy build inside and out.
Smooth driving experience.
I have not had any issues accelerating or braking.
Lots of room, especially in the third row.
You actually have room to put some suitcases in the back with the third row up which is something that can't be said for many SUVs.
The plastic is plastic...it's not any cheaper than other vehicles.
It is classy and very functional with no flash.
That is what you get with Honda.

Don't see what all the complaints are about
By mattj2125

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove literally a dozen different SUVs, domestic, foreign, you name it I drove it.
The pilot is the best you can get, hands down.
We thought we were sold on the Tahoe or suburban, or gmc and ford equivalents, but they are incredibly expensive and totally unreliable.
We bought our pilot used with 44k miles on it and you would think its new.
Transmission is smooth as silk and the 4x4 is second only to jeep.
We take our 4x4's to the beach every year and the pilot can almost hang with the wrangler and would if it had a locker in the differential.
If you complain about this truck, you are too picky and should probably buy used.
My only complaints so far is the ridiculous Eco mode.

Excellent 4x4, fit and finish

Eco mode cutoff switch

Disappointed
By db1155

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

24,000 miles.
Rotor, tire, transmission issues. Unsafe, unreliable vehicle.

Interior Space

Address the common issues

Excellent choice and still enjoy driving it.
By pmm21

2011 Honda Pilot SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great alternitive to a minivan and it has 4wd (on demand AWD I guess). The only issue was the cheap tires that came with it lasted only 28k miles. It is very comfortable and can tow my 20 ft boat pretty well. Love the SUV rugged look even though it's more of a soccer mom crossover. We have had great lck with this vehicle and plan on keeping it forever.

Comfort and third row roominess compared to the rivals. Smooth ride for an "SUV" Great all around vehichle for the the cost!

standard auto start standard auto tailgate bucket seats in second row better spoeakers for third row passengers