Used 2005 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 477 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Best Minivan Ever
By Matthew Bates

2005 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan w/Entertainment, Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best looking of the Honda Minivans

DO NOT BUY
By Charles Upton

2005 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This 2005 Honda Odyssey minivan is a piece of junk. In my 64 years it is the biggest lemon I have ever owned. THREE transmissions, replaced left front axle and right front axle (at different times), drivers side sliding door is garbage. I have had to have the sliding door repaired 2 times now it needs a $500 repair for the closing latch. Ignition key went bad a month ago, $300 repair. Fan for a/c and heat is SUBPAR on speed. On high it takes forever to heat or cool. Save your money.

230,000 miles and still going great, but be aware!
By d. dunn

2005 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nobody told me that the drive train had to be replaced at 70,000 miles and the engine had to be removed to do it. It was $700 and a shock. We got manual doors because our previous experience with electronic doors on gravel roads was expensive and poor. The doors still have to have regular maintenance, and have been taken apart and cleaned by the dealer. At 230,000 miles, the rear door mechanism is worn out and has to be replaced at $500. I have a wheelchair lift, so it's got to be done, but I would have expected it to never be an issue. Otherwise, I love the van, the comfort and gas mileage and we've had nothing done except regular maintenance and wear issues like alignment. Our dealer has been wonderful, quick, and helpful in planning.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.
By Heather Petrocco

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I compared this vehicle to the Toyota Sienna before buying the Honda. There are three main reasons I chose the Honda: 1. The option packages on Hondas are so much easier and comprehensive (if you get the EX trim on a Honda you know it's pretty loaded); 2. The Honda has a bit more of a sporty feel (yes, a van can feel sporty to drive); 3. The Odyssey is consistently highly-rated by Consumer Reports and other auto reviewers.

Overall Great Car but Loud Humming
By Unknown

2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is above average overall. If I had a complaint it would be that the Variable Cylinder Management gets really loud and it sometimes vibrates at lower speeds. I am not sure if this is just my vehicle only. Also when I accelerate pass 35 mph the sound in the cabin makes a whining noise.