Used 2017 Honda Fit Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Fit for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great first car!

Kristin K, 03/21/2018
EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

A couple of big things I have noticed are the buggy and slow Android auto. Its a cool feature but lord it is bulky and unresponsive. There are only 2 USB ports and if you plug your phone in just to charge it it will force you to try to use Android auto. The MPG is much lower than the estimates, but so far a around 850 miles driving in the city my average is 27.3MPG. I also have been using premium gas hoping it would help get to the 30MPG promised but haven't hit it yet. The car is also a little noisy, there is a plastic rattling sound from the parts surrounding the engine. Other than those things this car has been a lot of fun to have as my first car purchase, it's got good pickup, good brakes, the safety features are really helpful and overall pretty happy with it.

It just needs a turbo!

Kim Wilhelm, 09/06/2017
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl 6M)

There's a harsh wind sound (Low frequency oscillation) if the windows are down on the freeway, or traveling fast.

Fitting in a Fit

Carol Theiss, 07/29/2017
EX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is a great car for a small person like me. I am very comfortable in it and enjoy driving it. It makes me feel young again. We all need a pick me up and the car gives it to me. Don't hesitate to try it out and see if you fit like I did. Have had my Fit a year. Still love my car, enjoy driving it. It has so much get up and go. Two years now. Never get tired of driving my Fit. One of the best decisions I have made. I have had my car over 2 years. Still love my car and enjoy driving it. Wouldn’t want any other car.

Amazing for its size and class

Allison, 07/30/2020
LX 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm used to workhorses. I used to drive manual 4WD Subaru wagons in Alaska, mountainous northern California, and off-road in the desert of Arizona. After a number of years away, I ended up with the worst used Subaru ever and stuck 100 miles from home and having to drive back and forth to help care for my elderly parents, I ended up leasing a 2017 Honda Fit. It was glorious. In three years, not one problem. Cons: road noise and the Clearcoat scratches off REALLY easily. I mean, our short fingernails left a lot of little scratches at the door handles and I've never seen that on any car I've ever owned. But I just listen to loud music on the road, and I really can't think of much else. It isn't supposed to have the power to gun it on the highway, but it did for me, if necessary. It has a much less deep storage space in back than my old wagons and yet I was able to bring home a 7 foot Christmas tree last year. I used it as a working car in a semi-rural area, picking up old fence posts, PVC pipes, and more, and it acted like a clown car - tiny but can fit a huge amount in the back. Looked for another less expensive used car but all had reviews that hated the CVT transmission made by JATCO. Honda makes its own CVT transmission so it doesn't have the same terrible reputation. I took it back yesterday and leased the same model in a 2020. Not as happy with the 2020. Honda went cheap with the new one. 2020 has worse road noise, cheap speakers, terribly grainy back-up camera, cheap windshield wipers. Stick to the 2017.

Forgot the Navi

Lidia Raposa, 05/06/2018
EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl CVT)

This a nice car, only thing is the frame around the windshield makes a huge blind spot for the driver. That is my only fault with the car. Its the navigation system. Got this car in December 2017 had wonderful graphics and the whole lot and now I get a map and lucky to get any place. I am told I never had Garmin navi but Here. Well I had a loaner car 2018 Fit Navi with a Here system and it had the same sort of system as Garmin. Took two days to get a new tire by the way. But I am really disappointed that the dealer or Honda will not help me out with my navigation. Just buy a Garmin if you want navigation.