Used 2006 Honda Element Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Element

View reviews for a specific Element model:

In My Element
By FRL Hammer

2006 Honda Element EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is every reson to own a Honda. It is a solid well built car. It is compact on the outside. Huge well designed hauling space on the inside. Seats are wide and comfortable. The engine is a bit under powered. Fuel economey is a true 23 mpg

All the inside space. Great sound system.

Bigger motor

Great car
By black

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's a bit ugly, but a lot of fun. Exterior design is bad, but great inside. Low MPG because it's tall, but it's a quality car. The way the doors open sometimes bothers me, especially when getting other passengers in a tight parking space. Great engine, floor surface and seats. Far from perfect, but worth the experience of owning one.

I Luv My Element!
By EllieMint

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have an hour drive to work on a ridiculous highway. So, my husband and I decided to trade in my 2004 Honda Civic for a bigger and safer car. We chose the 2006 Honda Element in tangerine metallic (bright orange). It was by far the best car purchase we've ever made! Not only is it SO MUCH FUN to drive, but it's SUPER roomy, sooooo easy to clean, it has a ton of compartments, and the sound system is great! We're shopping for a car for my husband now and we can't find anything that comes close to the Element for value and price.

All the room!!! And, of course, the suicide doors.

I get pretty good gas mileage, but it could be better for a Honda. Besides that, I wouldn't change a thing about my Ellie.

1 Yr Honda Element Ownership
By lightcollector

2006 Honda Element LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Element in Jan. 2006. I traded it in at the end of Dec. 2006. I bought it for big interior space and good fuel economy. How these folks can give this suv a 9-10 rating is beyond me. They must have great stereos. Engine: Fine on flat roads, uphill a struggle. Trans: Shifts smooth except uphill. Windnoise: Moderate. Roadnoise: High. Fuel Economy (Note: 2WD Auto): When I got the car average 24-25, City 23 Freeway 21. By the time I unloaded it 20-21 average, City 17-18, Hwy 19-20. Rattles: Lots. As I fixed 1 another one arrived. Body Panels: Horrible seam alignment. Ride Quality: Civic grade. Cheap. Body Sway: Enough to want to barf. Honda Service: Utter GARBAGE. Overpriced.

Space, fun to drive (when it did not rattle). Uniqueness. Initial fuel economy. Honda add-on armrest. Easy maintenance. Best Feature: The day I traded it in.

1. Suicide doors clunk once broken in. Advice: Put Velcro on door hinges. This fixed it for me. 2. Fix rattles. Maybe I just got a bad one. 3. Get new software for the Body Assembly Robots. They cannot figure out a straight alignment point. Curious: Look at hood and top of back gate.

Elemental!
By Kim

2006 Honda Element EX-P 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car - especially if you are outdoorsy, have animals, etc. FUN to drive, you can sit up and see things without the gas gobbling of a larger vehicle! Best car I've had in a long time!

Roomy headroom. Plastic flooring -- open doors, and with a wet clothe just wipe it out. Messes do not last long in this vehicle. Sunroof is fun. Camping possibilities a great bonus :)

One of the best features (the plastic flooring) also creates one of its problems: unless items are secure, they slide. No improvement suggested, but it is something to know about car. However, accessories (like cargo net) can help alleviate this problem.