Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Sonoma for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.38 out of 5 stars

Truck I have Always Wanted

Deer Slayer, 03/15/2006
2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I came to the dealership to see a ZR2 S-10, next to it was this Bright yellow, 2003, GMC Sonoma ZR2. I FEEL IN LOVE WITH IT. I always wanted this truck, this style, this color. Since I bought it I have done some off- roading and some highway driving and have been pleased with it on both ideas. I look forward to driving my truck everyday and find myself, more times then not, when i park it and walk away, turning around and looking at it thinking, WOW!

Still doing it!

Elwood Noble, 01/16/2018
updated 07/25/2022
2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Still a good truck and again, though we paid a pretty penny for it and have had the normal repairs that come from an aging truck we have found that it has performed very well and aged very gracefully. I have read all negatives here and elsewhere but very few have talked about the core of this truck, its perseverance and continuation! Our Sonoma has served not only myself and my wife but our daughter who is in the military who took the truck not only from California to Washington D.C to North Carolina to Europe and then back to California and all in all it did and is doing a very great job! I am not saying that it is perfect, doors do not completely seal, certain electrical issues have arisen, gas mileage is questionable, tends to burn up brakes quicker than other vehicles we own but dealing with that stuff, which is very small, the truck has held its own! Yet in my book, between a 1, lowest, to a 10, the greatest, I give it a solid 7 so know that this is a very good score for a truck that is now 15 years old and over a 100k miles! Go GMC! American made all the way!

2.63 out of 5 stars

Terrible Attempt at a Truck

Bruce, 10/20/2005
2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for 2 years now and I absolutely hate it. A friend had one and I thought that it looked good, so I bought it without testing it at all. What a dumb move. It gets terrible fuel economy. Has absolutely no power, terrible, no passing power at all, no bottom end. Have to put it into 4X4 low to get any power. That is where it is actually good. In the mud it is great, cause it is so light. The 4X4 low will crawl along at 200 rpm. However, the interior is way too small, and I sit so that my hip is bent and bothers me amazingly on long trips. But, it is in the shop as we speak having the transfer case replaced (50063 km).

4.63 out of 5 stars

RAMY

Ramy AZIEH, 04/18/2003
2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Very powerfull, Reliable, Stiff steering which is better, Quiet ride, and Good braking

Great starter vehicle

Avery, 11/15/2010
2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My dad gave me this truck as my first vehicle, and so far it has suited my needs well. I dont drive it much at all, just to school or town or what ever so there's only 40,000 miles on it. Its the funnest vehicle to drive off roads and on jeeping trails, the 4wd is great for winter too. my only regrets are that i have had to put in a good deal of money to keep it running up to par. it seems as though every year i have to change wheel bearings and the cab door has been giving me problems for the last few years. Its a tough little truck and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a great looking fun truck to drive.