Used 2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:

Not perfect but does the job
By Elwood Noble

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Though we paid a pretty penny for it and have had the normal repairs that come from an aging truck we have found that it has performed very well and aged very gracefully. I have read all negatives here and elsewhere but very few have talked about the core of this truck, its perseverance and continuation! Our Sonoma has served not only myself and my wife but our daughter who is in the military who took the truck not only from California to Washington D.C to North Carolina to Europe and then back to California and all in all it did and is doing a very great job! I am not saying that it is perfect, doors do not completely seal, certain electrical issues have arisen, gas mileage stink, tends to burn up brakes quicker than other vehicles we own but dealing with that stuff, which is very small in incident, the truck has held its own! Yet in my book, between a 1, lowest, to a 10, the greatest, I give it a solid 7 so know that this is a very good score for a truck that is now 15 years old and over a 100k miles! Go GMC! American made all the way (only one plant in Canada!)

2003 SONOMA
By Justin

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a good truck to start in but it gets about 16.5 mpg to 19.0 mpg rides good, put a lot of repairs in, I think it has too much power for its size and uses

Great starter vehicle
By Avery

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My dad gave me this truck as my first vehicle, and so far it has suited my needs well. I dont drive it much at all, just to school or town or what ever so there's only 40,000 miles on it. Its the funnest vehicle to drive off roads and on jeeping trails, the 4wd is great for winter too. my only regrets are that i have had to put in a good deal of money to keep it running up to par. it seems as though every year i have to change wheel bearings and the cab door has been giving me problems for the last few years. Its a tough little truck and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a great looking fun truck to drive.

cab space for dirty laundry, bumping stereo system, automatic headlights, and sexy looks.

more bass in the sound system, a better cab door. my cab door would wear against the clamp and would never seal right, so that whenever you hit a bump the doors would vibrate. Also the handle to the cab door had snapped twice. so the cab door needs some work.

My Black Beauty
By Kevo

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I believe that this is the best looking truck of all time. Gas mileage stinks! I love the black and the ZR2 because of its lifted gift.

Truck looks mean like a transformer.

Gas mileage, lube oil cooler lines and clamps are always bad, and an understandable bad turning ratio.

What I think
By Dave

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The '03 GMC Sonoma 3dr extended cab is a good, well running truck that gets from point A to point B.

The bumpers