Used 2016 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 GMC Acadia SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Another Great Acadia!
By Wayne Walker

2016 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is fun to drive and has everything I want in a SUV. This is our third Acadia and we have never been disappointed.

Love the Acadia
By Janet Tate

2016 GMC Acadia SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Acadia Denali and it is the best vehicle. Comfortable, easy to drive and great gas mileage. Have had this one for 2 1/2 years and 62000 miles. We do a lot of traveling and on the interstates we get 23 miles per gallon. Best vehicle yet. This is a 2016 Acadia Denali purchased new in November 2015.

Great family vehicle
By Celeste

2016 GMC Acadia SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2012 Subaru Outback that had terrible engine problems - head gasket at 69k and a blown engine (threw a rod and spun a bearing) at 81k - despite regular oil changes and strict adherence to the maintenance schedule. I needed to get into a vehicle that is good in the snow and would have a useable third row (for my older teen children). I looked at the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander, but their 3rd row seats are useless. I know a few people that have GMC Acadias and love them. I did some research and settled on the 2016. I picked up my 2016 SLT-1 2 weeks ago and am really glad I chose this vehicle. First off, my kids love the car and the ride. They love the amount of space they have in both the rear and the third row - so much more than my old Outback. The ride is very comfortable - it soaks up the bumps on the road really great. When I was researching this vehicle I noted a few important things - the Acadia and the Ford Explorer both have 3rd row seats however, the GMC seats are much easier to fold down - which is really handy when you're trying to load groceries or other items. The Nav has road alerts which is really nice. The back up camera image is large and crisp. If you want blind spot warnings, you have to make sure your vehicle is equipped with it. I think it may only be available on the Denali trim level in this model year - I wasn't aware of that when I bought the vehicle, but I'm okay with that. I found that it drives like a big car rather than a truck. This is really impressive to me since it's such a roomy vehicle. It's really bright inside with the twin sunroofs. My kids like that they can listen to a different radio station than I am. The air conditioning gets cold really fast even in hot weather. It doesn't have Apple Carplay - something I'm also okay with. Even though it's a couple of years old, it still has a decent amount of tech in it to make it interesting. I can't wait to take it in the snow.

Great family vehicle
By Celeste

GMC ACADIA IS A BUST
By Kenneth

2016 GMC Acadia SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We owned one and the engine would reduce speed and even shut down while driving causing us to loose power of the vehicle. Thankfully we were on a residential street or the outcome could have been worse- the dealership did a fix that didn’t work- they tried something else but we didn’t trust the vehicle anymore and GM and the dealership didn’t want to do anything else to address the problems so we got rid of it ASAP.