Used 2018 Ford Transit Connect Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Transit Connect for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great Little Van with some imperfections

DV Synthetic Lubricants , 09/04/2019
Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this van LWB XLCargo for 15 months and 26k. Overall I like this van. I use it as a delivery vehicle to deliver oil and make sales call to my customers. Not that I'm not happy with this van but I wish I would have purchased an XLT model. I've added a backup camera. Tinted the windows. Love the tinted glass. I'll list the things that Ford SHOULD have improved upon first. LOW POINTS 1. Fuel tank is too small. 15.8 gallons 2. Stock tires in the upper midwest suck in the winter. 3. Road noise is greater than I'd like. Maybe Ford should have add extra insulation under the Vinyl flooring. 4. The ride is a little firm on rough roads especially when empty but smooths out considerably when loaded. 5. Engine power is adequate in most driving situtaions but could use a boost for freeway on ramps. That being said I can cruise at 75 mph or higher without issue. HIGH POINTS 1. Excellent fuel economy 25-27 in mixed driving, Over 30 mpg on the interstate trips. 2. Excellent handling 3. Great visibility 4. Comfortable seats even for long trips 5. Select Shift transmission UPDATE 34 months and 50k miles. I've had Zero issues with this van. It's been great in the snow with Michelin Defenders. If I could change 1 thing I'd give it more power. Although I've had no issues driving in nasty Wisconsin winters it would be great if there was an AWD option.

Rusty Paint for New 2018 Ford Transit Connect

Vick Houston's Construction In, 02/27/2019
Cargo Van XL w/Rear 180 Degree Doors LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Ford dealer delivered a vehicle with rust in the white paint and promised to replace the vehicle and instead has left it up to me to get repaired and the dealers cannot remove the rust. What a hassle! Inspect the paint thoroughly!

Great little wheel chair hauler

Mike Jones, 02/21/2021
Wagon XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear Liftgate LWB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife has Parkinson’s. We have a custom manual wheel chair for her. The low deck and roomy back (I removed the rear seats) are perfect for the chair, and for getting her in and out. The 4ft ceiling height is perfect for her chair with its head gear. The liftgate works like an awning to keep the rain off when loading and unloading. We live in the mountains of NC and it easily handles the hills and curves. It’s like a little sports car in a big box.

Only fair

John Harper, 06/18/2018
Wagon Titanium LWB 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall this vehicle has been only fair. The fuel economy sucks to say the least.