Used 1990 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Best option for a basic truck
By Benzin

1990 Ford Ranger S 2dr Regular Cab LB

Bought an old Ranger from some guy in a trailer park for $900 because it ran and I could afford it. It was repainted with primer grey, older than I was, 342k miles and dripping oil from the tailpipe. Wound up being the most reliable thing I ever owned. Never left me on the side of the road in over three years, had an occasional failure to start that could be solved by jiggling the battery cable, and cost me a total of ~$200 in repairs in maintenance -- which combined with the surprisingly good fuel economy and dirt cheap insurance (why bother with full coverage when the thing's already banged up the full way around?) makes it a godsend to a broke college student. -- It's very basic, but delivers 20+ mpg and is all but indestructible. If you're looking for a very nice whip, this isn't it without a lot of custom work, but if you just need to get from A to B and take a good bit of stuff with you, this is the way to go. Oh, and the tailpipe quit dripping oil after a $7 bottle of compression sealer, for the record.

Rangers lead the way!
By Ranger Driver1

1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

1990 Ford Ranger XLT SB is the best truck in its class. I've owe this truck for 5 years now and it has been a great investment. My truck has well over 1,000,000 miles and continues to purr like a kitten. Yet, she is tough like a Tank. I am not surprised to see as many as I do still on the road! You couldn't give me another truck! Gas mileage is great, maintenance, when necessary is inexpensive and she just continues to turn heads wherever I take her. All offers are quickly turned down as I will never part with her........1990 Ford Ranger XLT IS Built Ford Tough and is the best truck in its class ever built........second to none.

Still going strong after all these years!
By Michael

1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought my Ranger brand new when I was 18. It's the only vehicle I've ever owned. My inspections only cost $7, because vehicles over 25 years old only have to have the safety inspection done--no emissions test.

This truck has stood the test of time. I've had several offers for it, even though I'm not selling it.

1990 Ford Ranger XLT
By Jon

1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I got this truck from my father in 2006 as he purchased it new. 1990 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab, 4.0 Liter V6 - VORTEC Engine, Automatic. It rides very good since new sensatrac shocks were installed, it is comfortable, gas mileage is great as it gets about 25 MPG HWY and 20 MPG in City. It has plenty of towing and pulling power when needed.

Best Pick up for the money
By Keith Mitchell

1990 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Not incredibly useful when used to haul 4x8 sheets. You need to build a special carrier (2x4s work) to haul panels. Plenty of power. Good for the average truck user.