Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Exceeding max MPG
By Dave

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After being shot down by Massachusetts car dealers, I purchased my Focus SE in Salem NH. As advertised, the car had a mileage range from 29 mpg to 41mpg. Sticker average was 35 mpg. I found that the 5 speed manual transmission outperforms the 4 speed automatic. With 80% highway driving at 2500 RPM, just over 65 MPH, I average 41 mpg, easily. I once had this car performing better in the mileage catergory at 55 MPH. I actually attained 42.6 mpg. This is the reason I purchased the car. I am totally satisfied with it. It's also fun to drive. I wonder if Ford will Offer a 6 speed manual transmission in future models.

Sirius sattelite radio is new to me but I do like it. The car is quick and I've got to be careful not to burn rubber. Shifting on the fly is excellent. Visibility is very good.

There is way too much chrome on the front end. Spoiler should be available on all models. The "Focus" decal on the doors, as seen in the flyer should be made available sooner. The car looks sporty and improvements on decor at in order

Not What I Expected
By Logan

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a few months for a new car and had been to every dealership I could find and had found a few cars in the 25,000 to 30,000 dollar range. When I found the Focus it had everything I wanted and I only paid 21,000. I've put 18,000 km on and drive it like I stole it. The only thing I would change is a little more pop on the bottom end of the automatic and rear disc brakes

Leather, SYNC

Rear disc brakes and power

Got me!
By ocsurfrr

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After months of deliberation I finally bought a Focus. I needed an economic vehicle since my lifted Chevy is sucking up gas. So for the right price I bought the 4dr auto se sedan for 12,900 after hours of battling the dealer. Car is amazing, great interrior design. I am 6,4 and fit in it fine. Can also fit 4 buddies inside comfortably as well. Gas mileage is great. I never thought I would ever own a Ford and now they got me! I have nothing but great things to say about this vehicle. Seriously how can you complain about a nice, attractive, and sporty vehicle for under 13k?

Interrior is amazing, gas mileage, fun to drive

I do not like the rear exterior tail lights. Gonna black em out and I think the vehicle will look much better from the back

2000 ZX3 vs 2008 S 2 dr
By Wayne Hulsey

2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had to replace my 2000 due to being totaled. Loved the car. To me they ruined it for 2008. No hatchback available. Sort of ugly clunky styling outside and inside is worse. The dash layout is very poor and unfriendly compared to the original. My elbow is sore from wacking the console bin when I shift. No spare tire which is really unaceptable in AZ due to our weather and cell phones don't work in lots of places. The Vista Blue color is nice (best thing on car), but miss my bright Autumn Orange. Ugly hubcaps. Basic sound system is better sounder then 2000. Seat bottom not adjustable like the 2000. Just not happy with car by comparison, can say I wish I'd bought the 2005 ZX3 that they had now.

Its a nice color. Good sounding speakers.

Right now I'd have to say bring in the new Euro version ASAP. Better and brighter color choices. Relocate console bin and parking brake handle. Make adjustable seat bottom standard. A spare tire, that is a real saftey issue to me. More driver friendly dash and shifter. Hatchback.

Have you driven a Focus lately
By mike kulich

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just retired and needed something good on gas. The Focus is as good as anything out there. The new Focus will really surprise you! Gas mileage about 31 mpg total driving. After owning trucks all my life this is like winning the lottery.

Ride, fun to drive, and really quiet for a small car

I have a sun roof so there is no back seat light, only con!