Used 2008 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 253 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Great Features
By NSR

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2001 Focus which I bought used. It had about 130,000 miles on it and I was in need of something new, with gas prices what they were I went with the SES Focus power everything is the only way to go. Best choice of a car ever, plenty of room, pepy, good on gas and gets a lot of looks. I added a few hidden emergency lights to it for my business and when I turn them on I get a lot of ooooing and ohhhhing from people. It's a very sharp vehicle for a work vehicle. Also just added a HID coversion kit for my headlights, this is a great improvement to the safety and the look of the car at night

SYNC syatem is great, 2 power jacks are nice, componants like the stereo that are not able to be stolen. The ability to use the extra remote to lock the car or open the trunk with the car running. Heated mirrors along with back window is very nice. Auto dimming rearview mirror is great

Traction control, trunk release in the car, lighting in the glove box, better lighting in the trunk and lighting under the hood. Better way to mount headlights so you don't have to take off the grille and then each light assembley to change a bulb, must do this to change driving lights also.

Still just a nice car 20,000 later
By 50 Something old guy

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Still a nice little car after 20,000 miles. Still averaging 30mpg mixed driving. Got as high as 37mpg on along road trip. Still no squeks, no rattles and still a hoot to drive. No service except for oil changes and tire rotations. Maybe the lite truck guys did have something to do with this baby Ford. Looks good, goes great. 180,000 miles more and I'll know if it's been built Ford tough like my Ford trucks.

Nice looks, good performance

Front driver's seat needs help. I just can't seem to find a way to get really comfy

Great car. Fun. Cheap!
By James C

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 3000 kms on it. Black 2door with the dark interior. 5 speed. Fun and nimble in turns. I am planning to add the 2009 2door coupe rear roof spoiler and a 3d carbon body kit to it for looks. Other than that it's an excellent car that is easy to drive and I send anyone I know that is looking at a new car to go look at it and test one! The motor is not a barn burner, but will hold you at 140km/h all day and not think about it! would love to add a 6 speed (overdrive) but hey- it's a $15000 car not a $25000 one. Its handling is not a Lambo but it takes everything I toss at it and I havn't gotten it on 2 wheels yet!

SYNC. Hands free is great! The drivers seat is height adjustable too! I am 6'4 and fit with extra room! I recomend looking at the leather befor you buy it. I didn't like it but some do. I think it has a Volvo sport look thing when looking down the front side!

Better display of sat/radio info (better text display!) , Better headlight output. As for the lack of trunk release, If you have remote power trunk and want an inside the car button (doesn't have one)-ask your local dealer to install!

Not a bad little car
By larrh7

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This isn't a bad little car. It isn't a 10 or even a 9. Now think of it. Bo was a 10. Like everyone else it should have a trunk release. How stupid can you be Ford. The seating is great for my short wife. She can see out rather well. I fit in just fine to and I'm 6' 235. The milage isn't what it should be. My wife just drives at around 60 and she hasn't gotten 30MPG yet like people on here are claiming. They should be able to get better than this with the poochy 4 cylinder. I have an old 95 Corrola that has 150000 on it and it get 37 MPG. Like I said this isn't a bad little car for the money but it isn't a 10.

Sync, ride is not bad for small car.

Trunk release and better MPG. Interior is fairly cheap also.

Awesome
By Sagar

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I must say that Ford has improved in building the vehicles. The ride is very comfortable and it gives the right gas mileage. The looks are cool and interior lights are awesome. The engine is very quiet compared to the older models of Focus. I chose Ford over Toyota and Nissan.

Seating, engine, lights, music