Used 2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-350 Super Duty model:

A impressive 350 & this is my first Ford
By John Furstenwerth

2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.8L 10cyl 6M)

I bought the truck to carry material I needed for my basement. But the real reason was to pull a 5th wheel which it pulls it great and gets me off-grid in soft soil. I have grey paint that shines and a interior in grey leather electric driver seat & passenger manual. full instrumentation, The disc changer isn't working but am/fm radio provides excellent reception & the sound system Has a equalizer and am not sure ATM bur the speakers are Bose & sounds great. The truck is easy in/out for me 6'4" but the wife is 5'2" with extra padding has trouble but she is 65. All the grab-handles are in conveniently place to assist entry & exit. I am curious though if this pick-up has a aluminum bed now that we have the hitch in the bed. I've had a V-10 before so I knew what it drinks in fuel and its ability to pull great especially on the steep grades where I live.

insync/PDF
By Byron Mic

2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck at Country Chevrolet, We were there 12hours 2 days in a row with 2 kids 2 and 6. I usually have a third party evaluation but was told if anything found broken or inop. would be fixed. 1 day after I had it at home I started noticing things that were not right. Check engine light came on. p2002 . Well, after reading I found that the 6.4 was not the engine I had been told by mechanics and friends. P2002 6.4 is a Particulate filter that can make your life miserable. The filter is $3000 with diagnostics. After reading more which I should have done much sooner. This system could raise the oil up a quart but its gas that is in the oil and gas doesn't lubricate and cause engine failure and at this point, may not be a bad thing. You can remove this system if you can find someone who is willing to do it, it's against the law to tamper with emissions in the US. To top this off the insync dropped the pairing of a phone and this is common and after$200 this might be fixed. so, build a bad product, make it so you cant really fix the problem and charge the US citizen through the nose for a band aid fix great to buy a product in the US.

2009 F-350 Super Duty FX4
By nothappy28

2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty FX4 4dr SuperCab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is the second Ford Super Duty we have owned.
Our first was a 2006 F-250 Diesel and the vehicle smoked like crazy.
The dealer could never fix it, we got rid of it with 19,000 miles on it and bought a 2009 F-350 FX4 Diesel.
What a mistake that was.
We have a fifth wheel trailer which is why we need a Super Duty diesel.
The truck bucks and chugs when the trailer is on, Ford doesn't know what to do to fix it.
The truck has also gone into limp mode 3 times while going up hill on the highway with the trailer on the back.
We go from 65 mph to 50 instantly and then have to limp it off the road.
Ford cannot find the problem.
We are going to buy a Dodge now, I will not buy another Ford.

A+
By Terrific!

2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty XL 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

This F-350 is the second F-series new truck i have purchased. There was a Toyota Tundra in between that I should have left @ the dealership. Ford means quality in the F series, engineered by people that know trucks. I was so glad to get back into a Ford after that Tundra. The only down side to the F-350 is it is a little underpowered. You must use the tow/haul mode on steep hills and w/loads. I have had two 3800# loads in the bed, traveled 50 miles home up a long, steep mountain grade, slowing a bit but turning, braking and general handling was superior. I have owned this truck almost one year now and always look forward to driving it. What a blessing it is

Engineering. Period.

Always an improvement could be better gas mileage. It gets about 14 MPG by the way. That's mostly freeway and some city driving. Am finding mileage gets better as more engine miles are put on the vehicle. The standard AM/FM radio was replaced after purchase.

love this monster
By gordjunior

2009 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

The website wouldn't accept my model, a Lariat crewcab shorbox with the 6.4l diesel. It is smooth, quiet, and handles well on and off road. I test drove at least 10 2008 and 2009 Ford, GM, and Dodge heavy duty trucks, and none had the power this thing has. So far, I get just under 20 mpg (Imperial gallons) on the highway. The one criticism I have is that it takes some effort to steer when not moving, especially when it is very cold. Overall, I love it.

rear view camera, telescoping / folding mirrors, Sirius radio