Used 1990 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Old Reliable
By Bob Lewis

1990 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I've owned this truck since 2005. She's old, rusty and reliable. I had considered purchase of a newer unit, but the prices convinced me to give the truck a facelift. My down-rating of the interior storage is due to the fact that there are no cup holders, no console box and my glove box door latch has broken, which I will fix during my facelift project. Right after buying the truck, I installed an ALPINE after-market receiver. I have noticed that there is a "sneaky little truck monster" that takes everything that I lay on the seat bottom and moves it to somewhere that is is always difficult to find or retrieve. The truck still gets about 17 MPG and for the difference in the cost of operating this one and purchasing something newer, I can afford to buy much fuel and keep it, as long as parts can be had. Bottom Line: She's A Keeper.

Great Truck
By jamescrane

1990 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

bought my truck for 75 bucks when i was 16.
guy was taking it to junkyard.
bought a used altenator for it she lasted me two years.
now thats a buy. o did u mentioned when she finally went she had 270000.
the guy before me was no saint with her and neither was i
xl with a 5.0

all around great truck
By johnie tyler

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab LB

i bought my 1990 f150 lariat with the 5.8 (351) windser it is the best truck i ever drove has lots of power fully loaded. Everything is stock fixing to put a throtle body spacer and cold air intake on in. Truck is quick at getting to speed and great for pulling boats and campers and you cant eveb tell its back there most the time smooth riding and will roast them for about a block all stock if anyone wants a great truck i would get one of these there is only 12% of these trucks made with the 351 in it best old truck you will ever drive.

power windows, locks, cold ac, heater tow package, and air shocks

better gas milage

Build Ford Tough!
By Aaron

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I inherited this truck from my grandfather after he passed away. I got it in 2005 and it had less than 50k miles on it. It just now hit 93k. It had been babied until I got it and since has been used as a daily driver. I would say that this is a highly reliable truck. Mine has the 4.9L I-6 in it, which is the better motor. Although it is not easy on the gas, better than the V8 though, and alittle underpowered for serious hulling and highway use, it is a great everyday, in-town driver. Mine is in great shape, and only recently starting to show rust. I still have people checking my truck out and commenting on how nice it is. They don't build them like that anymore! A+ Ford!

Easy to see out of, dual gas tanks, cruise control, hot heat & freezing AC, reliable, durable, easy to fix, sits up high. Best part, I feel safe driving driving it because of it's tough and ridged build.

Lighter tailgate, standard alloy rims, inside door handles lower than expected, needs cup holders, more speakers.

Built to last
By John

1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

My dad bought this car back in 1995 from my grandfather's work. He paid I think 3000 for it with 175,000 miles. It's now 2009 has 300,800 miles and it still runs strong. The 4x4 still works great the paint has no clear coat fading or splitting. Nothing has been changed besides starter battery and maintenance otherwise it's all original. It's not the prettiest but definitely not the ugliest. It's well worth your money to buy one and it will last forever.

Quality!

Little noisy cabin, stereo is a mile away from driver