Used 1992 Ford Escort Hatchback Consumer Reviews

$772 - $1,824

Used Escort for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

GT raves

baks, 09/16/2005
GT 2dr Hatchback

We bought this car with 115,000 miles for my husband. Works road construction and has the car has approximately 387,000 or 487,000 miles; he can't remember if he flipped it two or three times so far. We have only replace the alternator once, and a hose. Wonderful car, and fun to drive. Has some good get up and go!

Very good first car

that guy, 04/04/2007
GT 2dr Hatchback

This car was a gift from my parents as a first car. The car is great. It gets good gas mileage and is fun to drive. For being only a 2-door the back seats are still roomy and I was able to fit my friends who are over 6 feet tall in it. But it's a good car and recommend it to first drivers because it's safe.

Unbelievably Reliable

TLIY, 09/13/2002
LX 4dr Hatchback

While not the best looking car on the road, I cannot believe how long this car has lasted me. I have 210,000 miles on this thing and it's still going. It still has the original muffler for cripes sake. I've been wanting to buy a new car for a couple years now but can't justify it because this thing simply won't die.

Zippy little thing

JAmes, 09/25/2002
LX 4dr Hatchback

I just got the car a few days ago with 120k on it.. Though i Owned a 1984 ford thunderbird before with over 200 hp, the 88 hp of the escort is suprisingly more then enough to zip around town..I give this car 2 thumbs up

Strong as a billy goat

jim7heaven7, 10/10/2002
LX 4dr Hatchback

I recently got rid of my 1992 Ford Escort LX with Auto trans. My wife burned out the tranny, it had 118,000 miles on it and running strong. I had purchased it for college commutes and it worked great and I love hatchs. This car took me through cold winters and blistering hot summers. I decided to let it go because they were wanting to put a re-built tranny on her and it would cost more than the car was worth, so I gave it to my father in-law and he fixed the tranny and is now driveing again.