Used 2019 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Winter is Coming...

Klaus VonBuelow, 03/19/2019
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When it came time to replace my wife's cute-ute, she had her heart set on the Escape already - she just loved the way it looked. Regardless, I asked that she make the rounds to make sure it was suitable and the best choice. The competition we lined up was the VW Tiguan, The Subaru Forester and the Honda CRV. In comparison, the Titanium package with the 2.0l ecotec turbo felt more powerful than all of them (especially the Forester). It steered, and handled as well as the VW. And was $10k cheaper than the Honda with a similar option load (although it did not have many of Ford's options even available). In MN, AWD is a must and options to ease the long winter are important. The heated seats and heated steering wheel were a favorite for my wife and not many vehicles in it's class had the heated wheel. The Sync3 is intuitive and easy to learn and a much nicer system than a lot of the others we drove. It drives and handles very precisely for a sport-ute. The brakes are right there and very strong. Having driven it for about 3 months now, my only gripes might be these: 1. The jury is still out on the start/stop system. I am not sure if it actually improves the MPG or if we like it that much. It is not THAT intrusive. Just a little weird when it shuts down and the engine and fan all go silent. 2. Even though it seemed big when we were driving it, the cargo bay behind the seats is on the smaller side for the ones we test drove. I would like it if it had a bit more room. The cabin feels roomy though, so maybe they sacrificed one for the other. 3. If you test drive the SE or SEL, you will notice the 1.5l turbo is not very strong. We would not even consider buying that version because of it. I highly recommending upgrading to the Titanium for the engine upgrade. If you can afford it, you will not regret it.

2019 Ford Escape "S" 2.5 liter

Wayne, 09/19/2019
S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Drove the CRV, RAV4, and all the others. Escape S is thousands $$$ less than the competition. With the Ford incentives it's a no brainer. The 2.5 liter is refined and quiet with adequate power @ 169hp for a senior like myself. The radio with bluetooth with a backup camera are super easy to use with large easy to read logical displays. It easy for a senior to enter with large door openings and plenty of interior space with comfortable well supported seats for those long drives. Easy to park. Plenty of cargo room for luggage and groceries. I am pleased with the 22.7 mpg overall. I can't wait to see what the mpg will achieve on highway drives. I am impressed with the smooth quiet ride. The tires are a little noisy but still OK. I will replace them with quieter ones when they wear out. Under 19K a GREAT BARGAIN!

Snappy to drive

Randy Kautto, 12/14/2018
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2019 AWD Escape Titanium which replaced a 2018 Escape. Safe and Smart package a welcomed option, especially the adaptive cruise control and collision warning. Lane guidance feature works great. Rear cross traffic alert extremely useful. This suv is fun to drive, acceleration is quick, especially in Sport mode. Front seats are very comfortable with many electric adjustments for both front seats. Trim is well done with no noticeable issues. Sync3 works great and is very responsive. Navigation system is accurate although updates should be available more than once a year. Headlights are very good on both low and high beams; auto high beam works great. This SUV is very quiet when driving. Start/stop technology is more annoying than useful with no noticeable mpg improvement. The sound system is exceptional with many settings available. SiriusXM system has never lost the signal. Visibility is very good and the backup camera is outstanding. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Not a Ford guy, until now

WestCoast Steve, 07/23/2019
Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My very last test drive, after a year of research, was a Ford Escape in SEL trim. I had researched everything from Chevy Equinox to Toyota RAV4 and had eliminated all but the Escape and the Forester. Why did I choose the Escape? 1. Much sportier driving performance. Handling is superb and the 2.0 Liter EcoBoost gives me all the power I need for towing and my somewhat demanding daily commute. 2. Fit and finish were very good and the so-called outdated dash display is wonderfully easy to use and doesn't get washed out when the sun is behind you, or off to the side, like so many displays. 3. Storage space, especially with the seats down, is more that adequate to haul a new dishwasher or luggage for 5 people. There could be more cubbies in the dash, but overall, this is a first world problem. 4. Comfort. It took me a while to find the sweet spot, but with 3 driver memory, once I found it, the driver's seat fits me like a glove and I am very happy with the leather upholstery look and feel. Oh, and the heated seats also warm up your lower back! 5. Safety equipment and parking assist. While I may never use the latter, I really am impressed with the collision alert system, the adaptive cruise, and even the blind spot monitoring. While I believe that being aware and alert is primarily my responsibility, these I consider backup systems for when I fail to be diligent. 6. Couldn't stand the droning CVTs in most new CUVs. The Forester was nice and very appealing, but the handling, power and price of getting comparable features, like heated leather seats, was $5-$6,000 more because of the required trim packages. 7. AWD? I decided I didn't need it for the 3-4 days in the year it was useful for. I went for FWD and the factory towing package which will enable us to handle up to 3,500 lbs of camping trailer or boat hauling. Lastly, I am just very impressed with the quality of this vehicle and I really like the way it looks. I was convinced I should get one before the pickings got thin, what with the new model (with an EVT! ) coming out and the incentives that are available. I have absolutely no buyer's remorse over this purchase.

I still love my 2019 Escape

Jerry Loiselle, 09/10/2019
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my new Escape Titanium on September 7, 2019. This replaced our 2013 Subaru Crosstrek Limited. The Ford blows the Subaru away. The 245 HP is so nice to have. I really like how it can pass and merge like a sports car (ok not a Porsche) but it really has some power. A lot more than the Crosstrek. The interior is way more upscale and the ride is a lot more refined. I got mine with the Class II tow package and having the ability to tow 3,500 pounds is a nice extra to have. I have 10,210 miles on my Escape and I am averaging 24.6 mpg. This was a mix of 50% highway and 50% city. My Crosstrek average a little over 27 mpg. The sacrifice of 3 mpg is so well worth it when I compare the power, the handling, the interior, oh and did I mention all of the technology? There is a ton and it is really awesome. Love the Apple Car Play and the SYNC 3. Well I hope this review helps you make up your mind. It came down to the Escape and the Edge and in the end I felt the Escape was the better value for me. The Escape continues to perform well. It handled winter just fine here in New Hampshire. Looking forward to many more carefree miles. Update: 3-10-2021 the Escape still continues to impress. The remote start feature has sure come in handy for this past winter 20/21. Love having the steering wheel all toasty.

12345...7