Used 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

love, love, love this car!
By Lori

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car! have had no problems whatsoever, but finally got a newer one. great value for the money- comfortable & great on gas!

Best you can imagine at a reasonable price
By Ty Tirana

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great practical SUV at basic price with far better than basic overall quality and features.

Little frustrations, large value
By Aaron Hardin

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned my used 2007 FEH for a bit over a month now and have been very happy with it! The average MPG is 30.2 over five fill-ups and the battery gives a good stable acceleration from stops. I'm enjoying the visibility and general comfort of the drive with a few annoyances that I've had to fix: the sunroof sometimes rattles and squeaks with the road vibrations, the door sensor reliably faults in the mid afternoon triggering the door open alarm when driving or the theft alarm when parked.

Still a good car at 139,000 miles
By flprof

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2007 Escape Hybrid 4x4 brand new in November of 2006. It has been a great car to my family. I was a former Mustang driver owning a '96GT and a '04GT so it took me a while to get used to the car. I have traveled through the Sierra Nevada and Siskiyou Mountain ranges in the dead of winter and never had a problem. I like the maneuverability and it runs great in the snow. The fan that keeps the hybrid battery cool went out on me at 95,000 miles. Other than that I have had normal maintence repair. I am glad I bought this car even if the engine is a little loud. The engine has decent pickup for only having 155hp. Overall, a nice car that handles well in bad weather and great mileage!

My favorite feature s include the very big moon roof, the large amount of space when you fold the back seats down for cargo and the front seat is comfortable for me. I am 6’2” and many cars I am not comfortable in. Also, the killer gas mileage (27-28m.p.g. in 4x4). My mom who owns a 4x2 gets (30-31m.p.g.). Let me know if this review was useful to you.

Other people have mentioned that they do not like the stereo system. I have the 360 watt system and it is a nice stock system. I have had other people comment how crystal clear the sound quality is. Not the best system but very good. The navigation system works fine but is way outdated compared to what you find in today’s vehicles.

a disaster, my last ford
By jbencheck

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this in Sept 2012 used, private party, 60k miles. Clean carfax, looked immaculate, came back good from the mechanic, and went forward.

Summary of repairs then til 7/2014, off the top of my head:
Brake issues, bad ring - $400 March 2013
CV joint - $800 May 2013
Hybrid-component water pump/fan - $1600 July 2013
Rear-end rebuild completely - $2000 May 2014
TSB on wiring harness, $240, then brake light still on so ABS module. This is where I walked. They wanted $3400 for the part alone. I traded it in at 86k miles 7/2014.

Ridiculous. Hardest part was, yeah, it was a bad car,but Ford, not their corporate, not their dealership, no one would do anything to help whatsoever.

Was a nice spacious car, leather and nav, moonroof, and decent on gas when it ran.

When Ford experiments with hybrid, it shouldn't be at their owners' expense.