2020 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $7,722
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Just about everything you could want...But

Happy campers, 11/04/2019
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We purchased the SEL model and the interior is very luxurious. The car is the most quiet car we have ever owned and we have owned a few luxury cars. I call it a car as it drives and rides more like a car than an SUV which is exactly what we wanted. But when you need an SUV it has All wheel drive and with the backs seats folded down and you have the most cargo area of any SUV in its class and It handles beautifully. Two things I miss on the SEL model are the ambient lighting which lights the floor, the door handles,the cup holders and tray under the consul. it also doesn't have a memory seat for the driver which would be very nice since it has a 10 way power adjustment. It would nice to simply get into the car and oush a button to go back to your seat position. We found that only the Titanium models had these two options.

Great SUV

JNM, 02/11/2020
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I would recommend the AWD over FWD, the car just drives a lot better. The car is comfortable smooth and roomy for passengers. The interior is one of the best of any SUV, it gives the feel of a luxury car without the luxury price.

Best we could find after looking at EVERYTHING

Jlward953, 02/11/2020
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I own a white 2020 Ford Edge SEL FWD with several upgraded packages like cold weather, electronics, and safety. Previous vehicle was a 2016 Ford F-150. I also own a 2020 Ford Explorer which is AMAZING! Best vehicle I've ever been in! It suites my wife's needs better than mine though. I research major purchase like it's the only thing going on in my life at the time. After reading reviews, spec sheets, and looking at safety tests, it was off with the family to pile in and try all the cars I looked at. Some were underpowered (looking at you CRV and RAV4), some felt cheaply made like the Mazda to a degree and the Kias for sure. And some were overpriced for what they are (again, looking at you CRV and RAV4). The domestic vehicles always rate a bit lower because of their cost. The thing is, we paid almost $8,000 under MSRP for ours. That effects the value retention and general value of the vehicle. Consumer reports is not comparing apples to apples. Neither is KBB when it comes to retained value. If you adjust my car's start price to my actual purchase price, my car has a 7% retained value higher than the Honda (class leader when I looked) My gripes: The plastic they use in front of the console is shinny and black. It's cheap looking, and gets dirty if you look at it too hard. The windshield had an odd warp near where the camera and lidar units reside. It's not terrible, and I suspect it would be replaced under warranty. The seats are made of active X. I can't say I hate it at all. I just can't say I love it either. I thought it was leather when I saw it on another vehicle the first time. It's obviously not leather after a more careful look. This car does not get the fuel economy it says it will. Even the dash co.puter is wrong. I've checked fuel economy each time I fill up. 25 was my highest, but I average 22-23. That's 60% highway. And I'm darn good an getting good economy out of cars. I've been known to set my cruise at 60 in a 70mph zone to get more fuel economy. I'm probably that car you think has an older person driving it! Though, I'm only 33. Overall, I would say this is the best value out there I'd you're looking for comfort, 2 rows, and a large storage area, but do not want to drive a sedan. It meets my families needs.

Absolutely OUTSTANDING!

Mark Sanofi, 10/21/2019
SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

SEL gave us all we needed. This vehicle tracks dead straight and is probably the easiest to drive we have ever owned. Blind spots are not a problem with the safety assist included. We like the seats and comfort of the ride. ZERO buyers remorse, which is rare for us !

Almost

Keith S, 02/28/2020
SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

If you've come from European SUVs (BMW, Mercedes, Audi) you are likely to be a little underwhelmed by the "soft" handling and ride. That said, if you want a fuel efficient everyday hauler, the 2020 Edge will probably work fine for you. The SEL has most everything you need but the seats (while comfortable) could use more side bolster. Lots of room in the backseat for passengers and ample cargo. The protection package came with all weather floor mats for front and back seats but disappointed that I had to purchase a rear cargo mat after market. Fit and finish could be better as I have had dirt/salt find its way through the lower door panels and slightly more road noise than I expected. Infotainment is fairly easy to use and best just to set the temp control to auto instead of trying to find all the touch screen controls for air flow and temp. Have had many SUVs in the past 30 years, first Ford. I wanted to buy locally and looked at Acadia, Traverse, Equinox, Terrain,and redesigned Escape ... no European dealers within hundreds of miles so not a lot of choices. The Edge seemed to have everything I needed and could have found a much better deal on remaining 2019's if I were willing to drive to another dealer out of town. Highlights are large cargo area, smooth transmission and performance from Eco-boost, good gas mileage (30mpg hwy so far), good traction on ice and snow (Pirelli all season tires) and excellent headlights. Low points are some fit and finish issues, bland styling compared to other mid-size SUVs, very annoying snow/ice collection in wheel wells, and more road noise than expected. The Edmunds review is pretty spot on for this vehicle.

12345...8