Used 2008 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Edge

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Cutting "Edge"
By Coach

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was apprehensive about buying the Edge. The first time we drove it, it was noisey and rode real rough (SEL Model) compared to the other vehicles we were shopping. After we returned a second time and drove a Limited with the 20" wheels we changed our mind. Very nice ride and quiet. Sync audio system is awesome as is the Vista Roof. Getting 20-21mpg around town. Not too bad, but better than the estimate given on the sticker. Origionally had some issues with rattles and creeks but were promptly fixed by the selling dealer.

Sync and Roof

Ford should stop running ads on how easy the voice activation system is to use. It is NOT as fast and easy as the commerical portrays.

I Love My Edge!
By lbwow

2008 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Edge for about a month now, but have been eyeing them ever since they first came out in 2007. It was between this or the Honda CRV and once I drove the Edge the contest was over. I love how much space I have in the Edge. The center console is big enough for me to put my purse in when I don't want to drag it into a store. There are cup holders everywhere. Love the way it looks sporty compared to some other CUV/SUVs. I feel very safe in this car. It's definitely bigger than my Civic but not too big to feel like I'm driving a tank. Overall, I love this car.

Back up sensor comes in handy when in the parking garage at work. I love the dark blue, I've gotten quite a few compliments on the color. I love the MP3 player outlet even though the sound quality could be better.

Steering wheel volume controls should be standard on all models. Wish the rear window on the hatch opened. For those who can't afford the panoramic vista roof a regular sun/moon roof should be an option without having to add it later.

My wife liked the exterior design
By Marco Basto

2008 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

No problems until now, poor air conditioning, good acceleration, poor dashboard gauges, to evaluate reliability I will wait to put more miles on it but we drive 2000 miles to Texas and no problems

Rear parking sensor. Seats comfort. Good acceleration. Exterior design. Beautiul black

Ford Edge - An Out of the Park Home Run
By Gordon

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first SUV I have ever owned and never understood the attraction until now. I have been a continuous Ford owner since I was a teenager and I own a number of Fords including a 1964 T-Bird, 1995 Lincoln Mark 8, 2002 Lincoln LS V8, 2002 T-Bird and now the Edge AWD LTD. This vehicle is comfortable, quiet, solid and well equipped. The exterior and interior styling is beautiful with the leather interior and it rides like my Lincolns.

The Vista Roof adds so much natural light, the BlueTooth/Sync for hands free phone, Sirus radio and the big 20 inch chrome wheels with the AWD make it great in our deep snow up here.

Better gas mileage but I am still on break-in but feel a 6 speed should get better mileage and perhaps in the warmer weather and more highway driving I feel it will improve. Braking is not great but it is a big vehicle so adjusting my driving habits will solve that; we all drive too close anyway.

Outside mirrors
By edgeowner

2008 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 5'2" and have problems seeing over or around the outside mirrors. It seems as though they are too large for the vehicle. They create a horrible blind spot, which makes me very nervous while driving. I have tried raising the seat, but then it's difficult to reach the pedals and I crack my knee on the steering column when I get in and out of the vehicle. I ask my boyfriend to drive the car to get his feedback. He is 5'9" and agreed he thought they were larger than normal. He drives a F-150 truck. Prior to owning the Edge I had an Explorer and never had this problem.

Gas mileage, Vista roof, heated seats

Smaller exterior mirrors. Creates hazardous blind spots while driving.