Used 2009 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews

Used Town and Country for Sale
Select your model:
12345...12

Pros
Cons

Transmission Problems

Carol P, 04/14/2010
Limited 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love my van accept for clunking in transmission when I slow down to around 25 to 20 MPH, it jerks and clunks. Taken to dealer twice, they of course can find nothing wrong. I accelerated the van last week (passing a car) the van started jerking and losing power, when I slowed up the jerking stopped and, when I accelerated, the I got the same jerking, again dealer could find nothing wrong. They rebooted the transmission on their computer which did nothing. Very disappointed that a new car clunks and jerks and the sad thing is that I can't get it fixed. If it isn't doing it when I bring it in, they can't help me. I have to live with annoying problems everyday on a new Car!

Don't buy the Town and Country

, 05/23/2012
LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased a 2009 Town and Country LX with extended warranty and a few months after we got it, the transmission didn't want to downshift. It cleared up a few days later. Recently we went across country with our van and the transmission acted up! Took it to Chrysler and they gave us a brand new 2012 version for a rental. Bad mistake. Had problems with that too. Engine light came on and the red lighting bolt light too while driving on the highway. It went away a week later. Stayed on for a few days and it went away again! After picking up our van from Chrysler, the transmission went out while we were on the highway! Dealer told me they changed the soloenid pack, so what now?

Transmission

weeniedog, 03/23/2011
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought mt 2009 T&C used with 47,000 miles. I did a test drive and of course it drove wonderfully. The dealership was really anxious to get me into the vehicle. I too experience transmission issues. slow sluggish hesitant when cold. acts like it is low on trans fluid. Crysler dealer checked & said they put some part on it and its fixed. $110.00 2 weeks after I bought it... It still tries to shift to fast. If you drive like a grandmaw it acts ok. But if you drive it normal with some good acceleration it kinda worries me. I too love this van I just wish I could get a straight answer/truthful answer about the trans.. They say I have a loaded warranty. Wierd, It didn't pay for the 110.00 part..

Very nice family mover!

rscott68, 05/18/2013
LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 09 T&C used about 1 year ago. It had 43k miles then and has about 58k now. During that time we've been pleased with the vehicle. It's comfortable, quiet, and gets mileage you would expect for a fairly heavy minivan. We're getting about 23 mpg highway, 19 mpg town. We traded on 05 base T&C that we'd owned for about 6 yrs. It had nearly 170,000 miles and could have gone further with it but thought it was time to move on.

JJR, 01/30/2010
Touring 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I was recently in a 50 mph head-on collision with my 09 T&C. My 8 yr old son and I walked away without a scratch. The other car (G6 or Grand- Am) came across into our lane. It impacted just outside of the driver frame rail pushing the tire and axle up under the floor pan. Front end was destroyed, driver door slightly deformed but driven back into slider door. Driver A-Piller kinked. Passenger fender moved away from vehicle. Air bags deployed. Driver door encroached in just a bit. Other than that, the entire cockpit stayed in tact (to the naked eye). My son was in the seat behind my and nothing got even close to him. Fit and finish be damned, they put the money in the right place!!!

12345...12