Used 2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

2005 Trailblazer 4wd
By RO

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a 2005 Trailblazer used with 20k miles on it. My wife mostly drives it. We absolutely love it. I love the Inline 6 it has plenty of power to pull my motorcycle trailer with 2 motorcycles. We have taken it on several trips and it is very comfortable. I replaced the factory stereo with an aftermarket unit as the factory radio is not the best. That would probably be my only complaint. One other complaint I suppose would be the oil filter location. I am a DIY kinda guy and do my own oil changes. The filter is a real pain to get to. Other than that I love this SUV. And the factory tires are not the best.

Interior room, auto 4wd, looks, that wonderful Atlas engine, nice wide stance.

Please relocate the oil filter location. Maybe offer a few more features on the base LS model (I believe they do on the 06-up models)

not happy but stuck
By bryan

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Tranny went out at 30K miles. Gm put band-aids on & would not replace it. I am very disgusted w/GM service. Never again. Trailblazer is worse than most on retaining value. I am in the tank on this one & still bought it 8K under list price.For an LT the stereo sucks.Rear leg room not much. Better to spend the money on a used Tahoe.Mileage is no different. Handles terrible and wind noise is the worse I have ever seen.Not reccomended by me to buy one.

Dash cluster panel. Turning radius is second to none. Smoot ride. Seats recline all the way back. Rear entertainment and air. Cargo space good.

Wind noise sucks. Stereo very weak in LT. GM service has gone way down hill.

I Love My TrailBlazer!
By Jeremy

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

What a great make by GM. I has a proud driver of the TrailBlazer. Don't get me wrong, there are some kinks to work out. But they are all minor. Other than that this is a brilliant car. Fun to drive. I'm 6'2" and it was hard to find a car that I was comfortable in.

Cheap Cheap Cheap
By Jamie Keaton

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4, purchased it in February 2006 with around 11,000 miles on it. Since I've owned the vehicle, I've already replaced the rotors. The rubber molding trim around the back doors comes through when the doors are shut. The black plastic molding around the front driver side door handle keeps falling off- local Chevrolet dealership fixed it and it fell off again. The front passenger seat molding around the bottom of the seat is loose. The glove compartment will completely fall out onto the floor from time to time. Overall this vehicle was made cheap and I'll never buy another one. I'm looking into trading for a Toyota 4Runner.

Overall leg room

All interior features are made cheap

I Love My Trailblazer
By 4 door LS SUV

2005 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I like the high ride, and the durability of this vehicle, and the room and comfort.

OnStar system , all around comfort

Maybe better gas mileage in the city. And maybe come with DVD player installed