Used 2016 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

This car saved my life today
By Amber

2016 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car in February 2016. I've loved it since I bought it. It's a fantastic little daily driver and people think it's adorable. I haven't got a bad thing to say about it. But today it saved my life. I was hit on my driver's side by a large vehicle going quite fast head on. My airbags immediately deployed by my windows which protected my head from smashing through the glass. The backseat ones deployed as well saving the life of my cats that were in a carrier. I walked out of my car with an aching neck and a nasty bruise, that's it. The other driver thought she killed me. That's how safe this car is. And honestly considering how hard she hit me the car looks good. It's totalled but you'd never guess I got hit at 50mph by an SUV. Her vehicle caught fire and the whole front broke off and mine was simply crunched up a bit. Other than the airbags the interior was immaculate post crash. I'm going to miss my car. I hope I can replace with the exact make and model.

It's good for me and my needs
By Brooke

2016 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car going on 2 years now so I feel like I can properly give a decent review. First of all, this car is small. Like really small. If you have children I would not suggest this car to you. I am only 5'4 and so my seat is pushed up farther than the average person. There is absolutely no leg room in the back of my car even considering the fact that I'm short and don't need a lot of space in the front. If you are regularly wanting someone besides a very small child to sit in the back seat, they are going to be uncomfortable or just not fit at all. This car works for me because I am the only person who is ever in my car. I very rarely have any passengers, and when I do there is only one so they ride in the front passenger seat. It is a no-frills car in some way, because there isn't power locks or windows. I rarely ever put my windows down in previous cars so this does not bother me, it could be bothersome to you. The technology with the AppleCar Play is wonderful and I will not have another car without it. I have taken this little car up to 7 hours away (one way) and being able to listen to my podcasts and bring them up through my cars navigation screen is awesome and worthwhile to me. The car seating is comfortable and I have never felt achey or like I needed to stretch more than usual after long drives. This could be because I am on the thinner side and short (see previous comments about space issues). The handling of the car is fine. It doesn't have stellar shock absorption but thankfully where I drive the most the roads aren't in too bad of shape so I'm not being jostled like I would be on a dirt road or similar situations. I can go quite a while without having my oil changed which is a bonus, and nothing has needed attention since me buying the car brand new. I live in the midwest where we get a decent amount of snow and my car goes great in the snow. The traction control kicks in and does it's job whenever I have happened to hit a slick spot. Many people are shocked when I make it into work knowing what I drive, but this car has been very good to me in the snow. Overall, I like the car but it's not a long term car for me. It is just way too small for when I decide to have children. Also if I was frequently giving other people rides or needing to haul things then it would not work for that either. For now, it does what it needs to do and I am happy for that. Great car for a single person who doesn't need a lot.

Spark 2 LT: the luxury "cheap" Chevy
By T R Packard

2016 Chevrolet Spark 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I think this is a great car: fun to drive, great interior styling, reliable, and a 100% bumper-to-bumper 36,000 mile/36 month warranty, that even includes oil changes and tires. The Spark has generous safety features, head of the class technology/connectivity, very good gas mileage, a solid road feel, is surprisingly quiet and stable on the freeway, a dream to park and drive in Los Angeles, has nimble handling, and is more fun to drive than the Fiat 500 I test drove. A super value that I like even more now after 18 months of ownership.

Chevy Spark
By Kim Peran

2016 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love my new car. It is pretty comfortable for such a little car. I am 5'11 and still have plenty of head room. There is plenty of storage space in the back and I am getting great gas mileage.

Great price : Great car
By Roger

2016 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is the perfect city car.